Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ammendment

It's been an interesting week. Before I get to the ammendment I thought I would give a little background information. Brett's job with Oaisys has been an amazing opportunity for us and we've been very excited about moving down to Arizona in April and with a job for Brett to go to. Over the last few weeks Oaisys has been having a lot of computer issues (which, obviously, isn't effective for a programer). They also announced that their main client had a 40% reduction in work force in November. And when your main client is suffering that means you do too. Oaisys gave a subtle warning that there 'may' be changes (aka layoffs) at the beginning of the new year. It's not definite, but it sure made us feel a bit shaky, especially when you add that to the computer problems Brett's been having with the company. Not a week had passed after simmering on the new information when Brett got a call from Wally Marsden (Who, I have no idea who he is. But, I've learned he's a well known, successful businessman in the computer world) He's starting up a new project and offered Brett a position as employee #4 of a very promising startup company. Brett would be developing and creating the same kind of stuff he's been doing for his Thesis. So, it would be right up his ally and something he loves to do. Not very often do you actually get to find a job that you would be excited and happy to go to everyday. We feel that the Lord has led us to where we are today. When one door closes another, cooler, door opened for us and we've spent time discussing what this would mean for our future and our family. We've decided to take the plunge and go for it. Here comes the interesting part:

Amendment:

We recently sent out a Christmas card via email ( I know it was tacky, but we figured that was better than nothing) I also want to apologize to anyone who did not get one. We just mailed it out to whoever was in our address book. If you didn't get one and would like to see what I'm talking about CLICK HERE.

With the new job opportunity Brett received, we will NOT be moving to Arizona in April! The new company is based in American Fork, UT. Brett and I have never wanted to stay in Utah. We've never even looked at it as an option. Arizona is still our goal, and we want our kids to be able to grow up and go to school there, but that goal will be on hold for a few years. We'll be looking to buy a home here somewhere between AF and Draper. These are huge changed for us and we know that there will be things that we will miss out on by not moving to Arizona. We're sad to not be closer to our families and friends. But, we're confident that this is where we need to be right now and that we will be happy here and find new opportunities to make friends, and have experiences that we may not have otherwise. With that said: If ANY of you are in the Utah area after we get a house we would love your company!

9 comments:

The Stells! said...

oh how exciting!!! Glad He got a good job, i say you just stay in Provo ;)!!

Jennifer said...

Hey, you're still close to some family! We're here for you :)
What a wonderful opportunity for Brett and your family!

Jaclyn said...

sniff sniff.... :(

Margot said...

We never planned to be in Utah either, and yet, here we are. Funny how plans change, eh?

Colette said...

I'm glad things are working out. You know, Utah isn't all that bad for kids...I turned out ok- didn't I? :) Good luck with everything. I'm glad we'll get to see you when we visit Utah.

Suzie said...

I say draper, just stay off the side of the mountain. It would be fun to have even more of us close. We are in Riverton and Julie is in Herriman and JoLynn in Bluffdale. There are more of us here than you probably thought. Hope to see you sometime soon.

Hina Schneider said...

That is so sad that you guys aren't moving to Arizona. We where really excited for you guys to come down. But if the job in UT is a way better opportunity well you can't by pass something like that. Its only once in a life time that something good comes our way. We hope you guys have a Merry Christmas and we can't wait to see you guys soon.

Scott and Michelle Ouderkirk said...

Wow, that was a big change. Sounds like a great opportunity. Good luck

ecometrochic said...

You should check out MLS #821079 on www.utahrealestate.com It is gorgeous and in Lehi. Yes, funny how we are led to other avenues than what we originally thought.