We had a lot going on the week of Valentines, but I still wanted to make it a special time for the boys. Last year the boys picked out the cheep $3 cards from WalMart and they spent several hours over several days writing their names and the kids in the classes names on every single card. I insist on the boys helping with projects even though it makes things take longer. This year I knew we wouldn't have time for several hours of writing names so I went online to look for some ideas. I found a few cute ideas and let the boys pick one out that they could both agree on and be happy with. Then they picked out the colors of the fonts when I made the tags on the computer. Hyrum helped me cut them out and than we made an assembly line to fill, fold, and staple the bags shut. The whole process only took a couple of hours for over 50 valentines, each with their names printed out on the back. Voila! Sometimes homemade is so much easier than bought.
In the morning the boys woke up to pink and sprinkled doughnuts, pink milk, and a few little valentines prizes for them to play with.
The thing I was most excited aboutwas helping in Hyrum's class. For their Valentines Day party I was in charge of a craft. I cut out a million felt hearts with two holes in each and we made necklaces. It was really fun and more importantly Hyrum was so happy to have me in his class. I haven't been able to help nearly as much in his class as I did last year, so I was ecstatic to be there. I love seeing him around friends and his amazing teacher.



No comments:
Post a Comment