I had grand ideas of having a nice Christmas post up here with pictures before I sent out Christmas cards this year. Well, I haven't really gotten to that yet. . . but there's still time right? In the mean time here's a little update on what's been going on since Halloween:
Mastectomy on Nov. 18th. I stayed in the hospital for a couple of days and Grandma and Grandpa Partridge flew in to help us out for a week. We've decided that vein finders are the coolest tool in the hospital. My veins are pretty messed up because of chemo and nearly impossible to find, but after 45 minutes and only a few pokes they were able to find a good one with the vein finder. 
Yay! I can go home. I had a lot of tubes I had to keep with me for a while, and they were really annoying to lug around everywhere, but I'm done with them now!
As soon as I got home I just wanted to see my baby. I couldn't hold him, but Grandma laid him next to me so that I could feed him. I miss snuggling my boys.
Grandma and Grandpa were great helpers and kept everything running while I was out of commission. They stayed for my toughest week and went back home just before Thanksgiving.
Everyone has been so generous to us throughout the whole process. Our awesome neighbors invited us over for Thanksgiving.
Hyrum is quite the creative little man. He's been loving having his own room again, now that we rearranged bedrooms again. He's always busy making or doing something, and he's been a great helper.
Baby Brett is doing great. He has rolled over four times (accidently), but we can't seem to get him to replicate it for video. He is happy and sweet and we all love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment