The last few weeks have been a little busy and a lot of choas. Hyrum got an ear infection after the flight home from AZ. Ear infections are miserable for babies, which in turn means miserable for parents too. He was super cranky and stopped sleeping through the night. One of the nights he was up from 10pm -about 4 am crying, screaming, and pouting. It was so sad, because he didn't understand what was going on, he just knew that he was in pain and didn't like it. I felt so sorry for him. . . and Brett and I. Anyway, after 3 doctors visits and one ER visit he finally seems to be doing pretty well today. We have him on more intense antibiotics now and Motrin. I don't care what people say, I LOVE drugs!
Also, during these crazy times Brett and I went on our first and second official dates since Hyrum was born. (We really needed them now more then ever!) Our first date was a double date with Kami and Trav to the BYU seniors party. It was fun. Lots of free food and games. Can life get any better? I submit that it cannot. Our second date was to the ballroom dance performance. It was so amazing to see how talented people are! They danced so perfect and smooth. I'm about as gracefull and coordinated as a cockroach lying on its back, so I can really appreciate people who can dance. The last picture I have is Hyrum riding his first pony! The Mothers Group in our church went to a petting zoo. He didn't last long on the pony, but he loved the baby turkey. I can empathize with him. Well, this was a long post, so if you've made it this far then congratulations!
4 comments:
Ooh poor hyrum. Well its good that he is getting better. Yeah having those date nights is really important to take when having a baby. That's why I am so glad that grandma and grandpa just live like 10 minutes away. We will definently be calling them a lot.
Cute blog! You have a very darling little family:) I love the pic of the pony ride! I cant wait to have kids:)
Glad Hyrum's feeling better! and glad you had a couple nights out....:)
Sorry about Hyrum's ear infection. Preston got two in one month, and it was miserable. I'm glad you got through it:)
Post a Comment