Saturday, September 12, 2009

Pretend and Reel

So, a lot has been happening when it comes to developmental stages of my boys, and I wanted to record their doings.

It has begun! Noah wants to get into everything! He also can now pull himself up into standing position and has been attempting the stairs. AHHHHH! That's so scary to see him getting older so fast.
Brett and Hyrum were wrestling so Noah of course wanted to get in on the action. So, I let him be king of the mountain. Hyrum thought it was so funny he kept saying 'Gen! Gen! Gen! (again)"Hyrum is now embracing make-believe. These are a few of his favorite activities. In the first picture I asked Hyrum what he was doing and he said."Monkey. Sleep. Shhhh." followed by snoring noices. He asked me to put the blanket on him. Then below that is the monkey walking the dog. And this is why we don't have a dog right now:)

As for me this has been a fun-full week of canning. I learned how and canned over 100 cans of peaches with my neighbor. It's a much longer process than I thought it would be, but SOO worth it. I'm excited to do it again next year, and maybe even branch out to different things.

6 comments:

Scott and Michelle Ouderkirk said...

Holy tons of cans! I really wanted to can this year but I think I will wait until I get the mommy/teacher thing down a little better.

Hina Schneider said...

Wow! Way to go on canning. That is so awesome! Its so funny how kids just love to get into everything. Its cute but can be a lot of work for us mom's. All of your boys are so adorable playing together.

Jason & Naomi said...

Way to go Steph! Look at you being SO domestic! It think that's so awesome! So you want another update on our blog, huh, well you're going to have to come over and let me know your opinion on our pic situation first. I wanted everything just right so I can take a pic of the new abode...When are you free? (I still need to give you your present too!)

mindy said...

Wow! that is quite an accomplishment. I'm impressed!

libby said...

Isn't it great that as we get older we still go through developmental stages? You have now entered the canning stage. You're definitely ahead of me. :)

Asherbie said...

Nicely done! And the family pics of the boys are adorable.