
September 21st was the date scheduled for my c-section. At 38 weeks I was feeling very pregnant and ready to burst. My body was exhausted and I was doing everything I could to not go into labor too early before my mom got here. Luckily, we have been blessed with great neighbors who were willing to be 'on call' just in case I went into labor early. On Monday (Sept. 19th) morning at 3 am I woke up with a little spill feeling. I was pretty confused by the sensation, because it wasn't a gush of fluid like I

had with Hyrum when my water broke. I sat in the bathroom for a while before I finally decided to wake up Brett and figure out what to do. After some discussion we decided to just go back to bed and make a trip to the hospital at a decent hour in the morning. It didn't take long after laying down when the contractions began to come stronger and closer together. By 5am my contractions were five minutes apart and I was not feeling very happy. I was also certain at this point that my water had broken, it was just not a gush like I expected. We called up my neighbor who kindly came over to stay with the boys. When we got to the hospital there wasn't too much waiting before they began prepping me for surgery. Going into this delivery I'll be honest in saying that I was very scared. The thought of someone cutting me open (I always visualize a chain saw), digging around in my insides, and then removing a living being from my body makes me a bit faint. Anyway, before I went into the OR Brett gave me a blessing that I was so grateful to receive. I really felt a calm come over me and peace that everything would be alright. The surgery went very well. I had every confidence in my ObGyn and I felt like the whole surgery was done in half the time that I expected. By 7am I was holding

our cute little Owen on my chest before they took him back to get cleaned. We are so glad to have this cute little man in our family. We had a hard time deciding officially on a name. In the days prior to his birth we began calling him Baby Bubbles. Hyrum and Noah were VERY disappointed when we let them know that he would not be known as Bubbles to the world. They still call him Baby Bubbles sometimes, so I'm pretty sure that will be a nick-name keeper.
We feel that Heavenly Father really blessed us during this pregnancy. The Doctor let us know that he was Coombs positive,
but we never experienced any complications from it. I am A- with an
anti-C antibody and little Owen is O+, had our blood ever met in the
womb we would have had some unhappy complications. We're so glad
that he stayed where he was supposed to and my body stayed where it
was supposed to:). Having him come in the morning to us was nice, because we had the whole day to spend with him and for the family to meet. Hyrum and Noah loved him from the moment they met him. It was a great day and we are so happy to have Bubbles with us. Blessings never cease.
4 comments:
He is just beautiful Steph!! Congratulations--I hope you are feeling well!
congratulations. what a sweet little miracle!
Such a beautiful story! He is one precious baby. So very happy for all of you!
So sweet! Congratulations, what an exciting and crazy and wonderful time of life.
Post a Comment