This little man is just about FIVE months old! Where has the time gone? I feel like he is still a little newborn, but the days, weeks, and months keep passing. He rolls around all over the floor now and ‘talks’ frequently. We’re still working on the whole sleep through the night thing, but hoping he will soon be a pro. He’s our first baby to not have obvious big brown eyes. I think they’re still undecided. Depending on what he’s wearing they either look hazel-brown or dark blue, but always beautiful. He has the sweetest smile and laugh and is a perfect third child.
Hyrum is such a great big brother. He’s always looking after Owen and playing with Noah. He loves telling stories and explaining how to do everything. He’s kind of bossy, but I guess that comes along with being the oldest. He’s so smart and loves learning. He’s doing really well at his preschool and his reading books from school are now in full sentences. He loves passing off his books and getting new ones. We signed him up for kindergarten next fall and that both terrifies and excites me. He loves getting challenged and I know he will do really well in the environment, but I’m still torn weather or not it’s the right decision. With a summer birthday he will be young, which is usually not a great idea for a boy. . .there are just so many factors that we’ve taken into consideration. We don’t want this one decision to ruin his life forever! We’re moving forward with kindergarten registration papers, but still aren’t 100% sure.
He’s also quite the artist. He drew this picture of swings (One swing for each person in the family) and then wrote his name on it without any help. He’s such a sweet boy and I’m so glad that he’s our oldest.![]()
Yes, take a closer look at this last picture and you’ll realize that the baby Noah is holding is Hyrum. They wanted to play baby and they took turns being wrapped up and pretending to be a baby. Noah is such a sweet, sensitive little man. He’s so caring and loving. He is shy and prefers to stay with Brett or I whenever we are around other people that he doesn’t know. He loves his brothers, a lot. He tells me he loves me and is my snuggle buggle. His volume tends to stay at an uncomfortable loud range, which can frequently drive us crazy, but I still love him. Next week he’s turning three. Where has time gone? I can’t believe how big he is.
4 comments:
I wouldn't let the supposed "boys with summer birthdays may not be ready for Kindergarten" idea get to you. I totally believe it is not a valid thought! Each kid develops differently, and the fact that he's a boy should not affect whether you put him in Kindergarten or not. When he's older, he'd probably rather be the younger one than the older one (think getting some school done before his mission).
He's already reading, which is a lot more advanced than many students that start kindergarten. I would recommend you keep him registered and see how the year goes. Worse case scenario is that you have him repeat K. But he's a bright kid, and I'm sure he'll do great!
I'm with Jennifer on the Kindergarten thing. Having had 2 Kindergartners now, I realize that Kindergarten is a big melting pot. Some kids already know how to read (that's advanced) and some don't even know their letters. Most know their letters but haven't learned to read yet. Personally, I would send him and see how it goes. I really think that with him already reading, he will be bored not being able to move forward. Or, if held back, once he gets there he will be bored because he'll want to be reading chapter books when they are just working on the letter "A". Then if after a year it seams he doesn't fit in with his group and needs more time, then hold him back. That way you'll have a little more informed decision based on HIM, not all the stereotypes of "boys" and "summer birthdays". But, I understand that parenting decisions are hard! I know you'll do the right thing for you and your family.
Oh, and PS...your boys are so cute! I love the pictures!
Thanks so much for your input! I really do appreciate hearing from other people with kids in school. I don't really know why I make such a big deal about it, but it's on my mind frequently.
Post a Comment