Saturday, March 24, 2012

Socks, Flour, Hunger Games


The weather has been beautiful this week and I've been really looking forward to spring. Hyrum asks everyday, sometimes a few times a day, if it's time to plant the garden yet. He LOVES working in the garden, and I'm getting pretty excited too. Our perfect, easy going Baby O has been acting like a normal baby(crying, needy, must be held, etc.), which means one thing. . . teething! I still feel like he's a newborn but he's getting older way to fast for me! He can now sit up by himself and he constantly has something in his mouth. He's been eating like a maniac, but managed to not gain any weight beween seing the doctor at 4 month and his 6 month
appointment this week. He's in the 95% for height, which seems to follow the pattern of our other boys. He's adorable and LOVES laughing at his older brothers. His eyes are a little more brown now, but still seem to change in certain lighting. His nurse at the Ped.'s office complimented him on his 'big blue eyes'.

Once a month I grind a bunch of wheat with my boys to last for the rest of the month. Hyrum and Noah love helping me with the wheat grinder and pouring into the storage containers. This week, after finishing a batch of flour I needed to help Owen and left Noah in the kitchen with a big bowl of flour. About five minutes later I came in and found Noah completely covered. It was SO funny! HE had flour on every strand of hair, eyelashes, clothes, EVERYTHING. I don't know how he managed to cover himself so fully, but I'm sure a great deal of throwing occurred. He spent twenty minutes cleaning everything off the floor and counter, before I sent him to his bathroom for a major shake down. Noah just loves being dirty!
After a long week I was so excited to have a girls night. I went to see the Hunger Games at a Pre-Premier viewing, the night before it officially came out. I got the book read just in time and I had so much fun.

No comments: