Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

Easter Sunday was beautiful. The weather was sunny and warm and it was wonderful to spend time together.

-Church = wonderful

-Pictures in the grass. . . getting all three boys to look at me and smile at the same time
is slightly impossible.
-After church the boys blew kisses into empty eggs and hid them for Brett to find when he got home. After one accidental sneeze into an egg, it then became a funny game of catching sneezes. Brett was fun enough to play along, so when he got home and opened the eggs he 'wiped' the sneezes off his face, and caught the kisses.

-For quiet time we let the boys play with their Easter presents quietly while Brett, Owen, and I all took a nap. After a while I was woken by silence, so I went down and found that the boys had snuck out to the front yard to explore with their magnifying glasses. Hyrum was pointing the magnifying glass at the ground (in the shade) trying to start a fire like they do in Toy Story. Anyway, I decided I would teach him the right way to magnify the sun. He, Noah and I had so much fun doing it. The boys were amazed, and for once I wasn't the mean mom:) I burned a smiley face onto a paper and they got a kick out of that. I know that they will learn how to do this eventually, so it might as well be from me with my rules.

-With all the cleaning I had been doing this last week I really haven't been in the mood to do any cooking, so Brett bought some Panda Express for us to eat Saturday and Sunday night. Yea, not a great Easter meal, but it is what it is:). It was still a wonderful Easter and I have so much to be grateful for.

No comments: