Monday, September 9, 2013

Facebook

There are so many crazy, funny, sad, and awesome moments that happen in our lives and I want to remember them all.  I know it's unrealistic, but this blog is a start and when I can't get to a computer or a piece of paper I often grab my phone and record it on Facebook so that I can remember.  Here is a copy of many of my posts that I don't want to forget, some because they make me smile and some because they are moments that have made me grow.  After these posts I will be printing the last two years of this blog.  It will be my third blog book.  I love looking back at where we have come. So for my record, here it is:


Sunday, August 14, 2011 at 9:37am MDT

"Baby Boy: I'm glad you have so many awesome crazy ninja moves you like to practice, but please stop practicing from midnight-7."
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 10:32am MDT

"N ate all the frosting off my muffins while I showered, then kindly put the bare muffins back. H started preschool today and I miss my law enforcer:("

Friday, September 2, 2011 at 10:02am MDT

"H: " When I get older I'm going to be a WalMart expert." . . .I think its time to talk to him about reaching for lofty goals!:)"

Saturday, September 10, 2011 at 10:37pm MDT
"I have a watermelon sized person in my belly punching and kicking my insides. . . not to mention the head-butting of my bladder. It amazes me how sweet and fragile they are once they come out. Can't wait to meet the little ninja."
Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 5:10pm MDT

"At this point if I can't pick it up with my toes off the floor its just not worth picking up at all. Good thing I have pretty talented toes. Final week!"

Monday, September 19, 2011 at 9:22am MDT

"Owen Edwin Partridge born 6:59am, 7lbs 6oz, 20" long. Both he and Stephanie Rushton Partridge are doing great. . . tired but great. Thanks for all your love, prayers, and support. The c-section was very smooth and fast and we look forward to a quick recovery and getting to know this little guy better. We struggled a lot with picking a name this time around but settled on Owen which has many meanings: Greek - Born Well Welsh - Young Warrior, The Fortunate One but our favorite is Celtic - Born to Nobility His middle name Edwin is the first name of my maternal Grandfather, a wonderful man I admire very much. We're so excited to have Owen finally here with us!"

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 4:47pm MDT

"Me to H: "You are faster than a speeding bullet!". . A few minutes later H says to me: "Mom, you are faster than a speeding pull-up"

Thursday, October 13, 2011 at 12:41am MDT

"So glad to have my hubby back from NY. Also very envious of his little business trip. Two little meetings with A&E and HBO and the rest of the time to site see. . . What a life!"

Monday, October 24, 2011 at 10:57am MDT

"Going to bed past midnight when you have a newborn is not smart - I don't think I'll even need to buy a costume this Halloween when my zombie look comes free"

Thursday, November 3, 2011 at 1:22pm MDT

"Hyrum (4) just spent the last 50 minutes telling me a story about a sunken ship, Mer-people, and spikey creatures. Love his imagination. . .and the fact that it didn't phase him at all when I dozed off for a few minutes twice."

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at 11:59am MST

"I bought H a binder to put his preschool papers in. When I showed him he was so excited and said, "Mom! It's beautiful! I love this!". . . Wow, Christmas will be easy."

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at 12:10pm MST

"Watching 3-4 year olds play flag football is HILARIOUS!"

Friday, November 11, 2011 at 4:21pm MST

"Funny that our fun activity/reward for the day is shredding papers. . .I love toddlers excitement for everything."

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 9:52am MST

"Me: "Wow, N you are super fast!". Then N looks at me as though my statement was stupid and says, "Of course I is, Mom.""

Thursday, November 24, 2011 at 9:23pm MST

"At WalMart guarding in wait for Black Friday sale to begin:) in Albuquerque. . .I'm a little scared of all the crazy ladies. . .maybe they're afraid of me too. Time to pull out my 'Dont mes with me and savings" face."

Thursday, December 1, 2011 at 9:01pm MST

"We had a movie night with the boys tonight because they were such good helpers for me today. H chose to watch Enchanted, which has never interested him before now. He watched the first 20 minutes and then asked us to skip to the dragon part.:) Meanwhile N kept asking where the 'swordy guy' was (Prince Edward) so he could 'sword' bad guys. There really is something about little boys, dragons, and swords."

Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 7:48pm MST

"The first thing N says when Brett walks in the door: "Dad, we bought you an. . .ipad cover" and that's how fast Christmas surprises are leaked. Next year my Christmas wish will be shopping without kids:)"

Monday, December 12, 2011 at 2:14pm MS

"Just started my fourth load of laundry and I haven't even begun on the piles of dirty clothes in the hampers. . .argh!"

Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 2:14pm MST

"Me "I really need to lay down for a few minutes. Can you play quietly by yourself?" H:"that's easy cheesy Mom.". . .two minutes later: "can I tell you something now?""

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 at 4:47pm MST

"H: "He's going to be our little baby scurvy pirate.""

Saturday, December 31, 2011 at 10:03am MST

"Yesterday: family pictures, 6th anniversary with Brett, Brett's 10yrs HS reunion. Today: drive 11 hrs back home. Tomorrow NAP!"

Monday, January 2, 2012 at 10:14am MST

"I came downstairs to ask the boys what they wanted for breakfast. I found an empty bag of Cheetos and an empty gift bag formerly full of chocolate kisses. Hyrum then informed me they already ate."

Monday, January 9, 2012 at 9:38am MST

"Day one of potty training "N". Goodbye world. Hello laundry."

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 10:21pm MST

"Potty training day 1: AAAAAAHHHHHH!!! Potty training day 2: Aah! Potty training day 3: I think I can do this. Tomorrow: Possibly get dressed and put makeup on."

Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 2:32pm MST

""H" said our lunch prayer and this was part of it "...we thank thee for all of our ingredients so we can make yummy food. . . We thank thee for baby O, because he's sleeping. . .we thank thee for everything.". Great lesson on gratitude."

Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 6:19pm MST

"One boy screaming, the other two boys crying, I'm standing in the kitchen on FB to get away. Is it bed time yet?"

Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 10:04pm MST

"Behind every happy, rested mom is a babysitter. No shame in needing a break to stay sane"

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 11:59am MST

"The boys are playing the piano and guitar and I here H yell, "Rock and roll, Mateys!" -evidently pirates can rock out."

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 5:31pm MST

"Best sound of the day: H comes up to me while I'm folding laundry, "Mom, may I please help you? I can clean the bathroom and make the toilets super clean, and even the mirrors will have no spots on them." . . . I love this stage where they want to help so much!"

Friday, January 27, 2012 at 11:58am MST

"This morning in our carpool to preschool the boys (Hyrum and his friend Rowan) spent 10 minutes discussing the difference between Starbursts and Star Wars, and then meatier issues like picking noses."

Friday, February 3, 2012 at 11:42am MST

"Evidently a ground hog is an animal that hinds in the dirt, pops out, and when he sees his shadow he thinks its a ghost and gets scared. He says, "ahhhh! A ghost!" then goes back in the ground - this is what my son learned at preschool today, I think he may have misinterpreted the lesson:)"

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 11:56pm MST

"Today I registered my little man for kindergarten. . . woa."

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 at 11:26am MST

"I'm so glad that H isn't at the age where he cares what I look like when I pick him up at school."

Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 9:08am MST

"I love how H explains things. Explaining what a game of pool is: "it's golfing but not on the ground. It's on a table and you have a pointy stick.""

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 8:43am MST

"My boys are so funny! I wish I could remember everything they say. This morning H said our prayer and afterward he said, "I think Lamanites said prayers too, but they say 'I thank thee that everyone will be MEAN!'" A few minutes later N was running around with a blanket on his head and he yelled, "I is a nice ghost so so someone please GIVE ME A HUG!""

Friday, March 2, 2012 at 11:12am MST

"No more excuses. So, I have three kids Pre-K. So, I have a hubby that works a lot. So, I don't have family close to watch the kids. Today I'm making a plan and making some calls and next week I'll be going to the gym and getting back on track. 6 months from now I'll turn 30 and I want to fit in my clothes comfortably by then. Now that it's on FB I feel more accountable, but I may need some encouragement. Woohoo!"

Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 6:59pm MST

"My 4 yr old just had a 35 minute dialogue with himself while sitting in the restroom. . . Wow! Boys!"

Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 2:52pm MDT

"I LOVE this weather! I got some weeding in, some playing in, and some sweet snackage in, and it's barely 3:)"

Saturday, March 17, 2012 at 8:17am MDT

"Once the boys settled down from their St Pattys surprise H looked at me with concern and said, "Mom did something crawl into your hair and make it look like that?. . .Do you have a bomb in there?". . . good to know that candy doesn't spoil his humor."

Monday, March 19, 2012 at 12:11pm MDT
"My 3 yr old just said, "I like bananas. They are yummy to my tummy, yes Sir!. . . Am I cute or what?"" - that's Noah

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 1:14pm MDT
"Note to self, after grinding wheat do not leave your three year old to watch over it while you change a diaper."

Thursday, March 29, 2012 at 11:49am MDT

"I just took an hour nap while the boys played with Legos! Wow that felt great, I woke to N's voice saying "So, you wanna see your mom? (big crash sound) well, I just broke your mom. Muwahaha!" not sure that I love my Lego demise, but that was a great nap:)"

Friday, March 30, 2012 at 1:52pm MDT
"Hi, my name is Stephanie and I am a Root Beer snob. There is only one great root beer and it is A&W. All other root beer is like comparing rolling hills to the Andes. Rolling hills are nice, but really there is no comparison. So, when I am eating out and I ask what kind of Root Beer they serve, I find it a bit irritating when they don't know, as if they are all equal. There's my strange rant for the day. Does this bother anyone else?"

Saturday, April 7, 2012 at 12:08pm MDT
"This morning my 4 yr old got out my hand weights and said he needed to exercise and get super strong so that he has enough muscles to carry all the Easter eggs.:)"

Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 4:42pm MDT

"I love having boys. This afternoon I had the privilege of teaching them how to burn things with magnifying glasses. Can't wait to go camping this summer:)"

Monday, April 9, 2012 at 11:17pm MDT
"My husband is sitting on the couch with a math book working on math problems. . . for fun. . . sometimes I wonder about him. . "

Monday, April 30, 2012 at 12:44pm MDT
"Baby O just discovered the dryer and now he's screaming at it:)"

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 11:06pm MDT

"How did I deserve such cute boys?:)"

Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 9:30am MDT
"I just walked in on my 3 yr old picking his nose. Before I could tell him to stop he said, "don't worry, Mom. I put the snot back in my nose after I got it out." . . . Oh, ok.:)"

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 11:05pm MDT
"What a handsome cowboy! My Grandpa turned 95 today and he's still doing great and being active. He's quilted more than 500 quilts for the LDS Humanitarian effort, and loves having all 'the ladies' over for his quilting group. Happy Birthday to a great man!"

Friday, June 15, 2012 at 2:01pm MDT
"This morning my three year old decided to no longer call me Mom, but instead call me by my clothes, "Hey! Green shirt.", "Hey shorts", "Hey short sleeve!" Sometimes, I wonder what goes on inside his head:)" -This would be Noah

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 11:25am MDT
"This morning I got out of the shower to find my 3&5 yr old standing on the top bunk. The younger had a rope tied around his waist and the other end was tied around the bed post. Of course my older boy was kindly encouraging him to jump. Looks like I got out just in time. Future bungee jumpers=scary and kind of funny:)"

Thursday, July 5, 2012 at 9:16pm MDT
"I became a Mom 5 years ago, today. Now we have three rambunctious little boys! I feel like 5 years has gone by SO fast, yet somehow I can't imagine my life without my boys being a part of it."

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 11:36am MDT
"I found a grasshopper and caught it for the boys to see. They played with it and hopped around with it for about 5 minutes and were having so much fun until my 3 year old stomped on it. I told him that I was very sad because they couldn't play with the grasshopper when it was dead. I was trying to teach them a lesson on not killing things. Then Hyrum said, "Mom, stop worrying. Jesus will make him alive again". Not the lesson I was going for, but still so sweet."

Sunday, July 22, 2012 at 6:14pm MDT
"When I was little I called the Tacoma Dome the 'Catoma Tome'. Today my 5 yr old yelled 'Dad look! We're making Skabetty and Meatballs'. It made me smile:)"

Monday, August 20, 2012 at 11:10pm MDT
"7 loads of laundry cleaned and folded, checking sizes on every tag, sorting piles into keep/pass down/give away/trash, then run to store to pick up clothes I realized the boys were lacking. It's my least favorite day of the year, but I can't wait for tomorrow morning when the boys wake up to 'BAck to School Christmas' with their drawers full of new (or new to them) clothes:)"

Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 10:03pm MDT
"I can't remember the last time every room in my house has been this clean at the same time! I will enjoy it for the next 9 hours until my 3 monkeys wake up. If only cleanliness could occur during day time hours:)"

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 11:59am MDT
"First day of kindergarten, yes I cried. My kid is the one with his finger up his nose, but I couldn't be more proud;)"


No comments: