Friday, September 27, 2013

Baby Bubbles enters Toddlerhood!

The terrible two's began for us about 6 months ago when Owen discovered his magnificent skill of climbing.  It's very impressive and very terrifying.  He's been into everything in the upper cupboards, lower cupboards, sinks, pantry and pretty much everywhere you can think of.  For several months I would have to pull him off the counter four or five times a day. The counter climbing slowed down a bit when he realized how fun it is to pour pitchers full of water on the kitchen floor. . . daily.   Why did we not stop it from happening you may wonder?  Well, we tried pretty much everything, short of locking him in his room all day.  It would be much easier if I could give him my full attention all day, but it just isn't possible.  I'm happy to say that his climbing has slowed down quite a bit and I only go through two or three kitchen towels a day cleaning up water spills.  This little destructor of ours has been an adventure in our lives.  With all of the chaos the age enlists, I have to admit that Little O-Man brings some of the greatest joy to our day.  Owen is so very sweet and thoughtful.  A couple of weeks ago I was outside with the boys and six or seven of the neighborhood kids.  Some of the kids mentioned they were thirsty.  I was nursing, so I told them they would have to wait until I was all done.   Before I knew it Owen had come out carrying a cup of water.   He went back in two more times to bring out two more cups of water that he handed out to the neighbors.  He is always so kind and willing to help.  He loves giving and receiving hugs and kisses.  I think if he could fully express himself and you were to ask him who his favorite person is he would first say his Dad and then Baby Emmett would be a very close second.  Recently he found Hyrum's walkie-talkie.  When you turn one receiver on it can sometimes pick up random transmissions in bits and pieces.  He listens to it for a while until he hears a mans voice and then he excitedly yells 'Daddy! Daddy!'  I'm pretty sure that he thinks Emmett is his baby.  He is so affectionate and loving to Emmett.  Whenever Emmett cries he gets very concerned and comes to me quickly to let me know that he's sad.  In the past couple of days he learned to say "Baby, happy."  He says it in a pleading way when Emmett is sad and in an excited tone when he smiles.  He LOVES his brother.   He's picking up new words fast.  He is very smart.  He is a blessing to all of us.  We love our little Owen.  For his birthday we went to the Dinosaur Museum, which is one of his favorite places.  I'm surprised he didn't loose his voice growling and roaring at all of the bones.  

He even spent some time relaxing in the sand.

When we got home we opened presents and had cake balls to eat.  It was a great day and I think it was perfect for our cute little adventurer.   

No comments: