I LOVE Thanksgiving! A whole holiday dedicated to gratitude and celebrated with abundance of food! That's my kind of holiday! We had a great Thanksgiving. It was a relaxing weekend for all of us. I prepared a lot of the food before Thursday so it wasn't as hectic. I tried out a new roll recipe that was incredible and made my first pecan pie that turned out super scrumptious. The king of the meal, however was this beautiful bird covered in bacon. One 16 pound bird covered in butter and garlic salt, stuffed with an onion, apple, and stuffing, and than covered in bacon. It was also laying on top of several cloves of garlic and celery. This was by far the best Turkey I've ever eaten. It was SO moist and flavorful. It also made the best, most flavorful stuffing as well. Mmmmm. Okay, I'll stop talking about the food.
We invited some neighbors over for the feast and had them come after 1. I was expecting 9 kids total, so we had some fun crafts for them to do while the food was getting ready. They made place-mats, cut out snowflakes, and colored. Hyrum was so excited about company coming that he made a card for each person to keep. They were so cute. He is so considerate of others and making people feel welcome.
We borrowed a table from the nursery at church for the kids table. I really loved having the table in the house for the kids to do crafts at. I wish we could keep it:)
Here's the big kid table.
One of our guests insisted on taking pictures. I'm usually the one behind the camera, so here's proof that I was there.
Hyrum takes after me. I remember fighting over the 'drumsticks' when I was young on Thanksgiving. He was excited to have this on his plate.
We have so much to be grateful for.






No comments:
Post a Comment