Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring-ish

This has been the strangest Utah winter I have ever experienced.  It has felt like spring since mid- January.  The kids play outside everyday and we've been in short sleeves for about a month.  I kind of love it, but I know we'll be paying for it this summer with the inevitable drought.  I'll just love it while I can:)  We've been busy with school, mid-terms, lots of play dates, church callings, and of course my daily nap that I can't seem to function without.  The pregnancy has been going great so far.  I'm amazed and happy to say that I really haven't been stomach sick other then a yucky stomach bug for a couple of days.  With this pregnancy my greatest downfall has been the dizziness and light-headedness that I frequently experience.  If I don't get a good nap in the morning, I can barely stand for a few minutes before things get blurry, but luckily with a good nap I do really well by afternoon.  I don't think I've been as moody this pregnancy as I have with my others, but I do have my crazy person moments.  A little while ago I was having a crazy hormonal moment and I was yelling at the kids because I had lost it.  Hyrum, who is extremely logically minded, calmly approached me and asked, "Mom, are you yelling at us because you are actually mad at us, or are you yelling at us because the baby in your tummy is making your mind crazy?"  His calm demeanor kind of made me want to scream, but I knew he was right, so I just told him that asking that question right then was not the right choice, but playing in the basement quietly was the right choice.  He cracks me up sometimes. . .of course only after I've calmed down.  Really, things are going well.  We'll be finding out what we're having on April 10th.  Here are some pictures of our happenings:

 We finally updated the boys canvas art.  They love doing this every year.  It's fun to see how they've improved.  Owen and Emmett got their first canvases this year.  It's always a little crazy to do, but it's a fun tradition.


 Owen and Emmett really 'got into' their art. . . literally.  This is after I sprayed them down with the shower.  The water had to be drained and filled up again twice before we could see clear water.
We have some awesome neighbors. Owen just loves playing with his 'best best buddy', Anna.  They play everyday. 



No comments: