The boys looked SO cute in their new Easter vests. I love my sweet, cute boys! I took this picture two weeks before real Easter because this year we got to enjoy the holiday during General Conference.
We were so happy to have Grandma and Grandpa Rushton, cousin Andrew, and two friends stay with us so they could attend General Conference. The boys loved having them here, and they were a great comfort and distraction for us. They helped out around the house, played with the boys, and had a couple of movie nights with us. The best part was my Mom offering to stay with us this summer to help us get through my chemo and delivery. It will be a huge relief to have her here to be my nurse when I'm sick. We're arranging play dates through summer for the boys when I'm not able to care for them.
On Saturday we organized a fun Easter Egg hunt for our street. I enlisted Brett to be the photographer. We have such a great street for kids!
I don't really like this picture of myself, but this is me giving all the kids directions for the hunt. The kids liked climbing in the back of the truck.







2 comments:
Such nice looking boys! Love your sun glasses.
Oh my goodness. So I've been really behind on blogging but I just read your last several posts and I'm floored. Cancer? That's nuts. I just can't believe that a vibrant young woman like yourself would get something like this. I am also floored by your positivity and awesome attitude. It's inspiring and I know that your story is and will touch so many other women in similar situations. Also, I saw that you mentioned your facebook page so I went and checked it out (I'm not on fb so I signed in to my mom's account. haha!) Anyway, I read all your posts and I just wanted to share a little thought with you. I'm glad you opened up about your sadness of not being able to nurse. I don't know if you remember but when we were both in the North Park 1st ward, I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. One of the treatments I did at the time was weekly methotrexate injections - a chemo drug. I stopped them during my pregnancy with Jack but my doctor told me I needed to start back up the day after he was born. I wasn't able to nurse him. I felt like part of my motherhood had been taken away from me. I was worried I wouldn't be able to bond with him like most mothers do with their babies. I also had some concerns about his intellectual and physical development being on "just" formula. But now, looking back, I see that in no way do I feel like we didn't get to bond just because I was holding a bottle between us. Feeding time was still very special for me. Ty was also able to help with night feedings which was amazing because I was so ill and tired. And I'm also happy to report that he's in the gifted program at school and just won the second grade spelling bee last week. :) haha. Since Jack, we haven't been able to get pregnant again and had to adopt our other children. What I'm trying to say is, I've never been able to nurse but I don't feel like any less of a mother.
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and your testimony. Ty and I always loved you and Brett. We look forward to following along on your journey!
Rebecca Woods
Post a Comment