Sunday, July 13, 2008

Too much to handle

Okay, I've been dreading to blog lately, because I have so much to say that I didn't know how to put it all in. Instead of being eloquent with words I'm just going to make a list for you all.

1. I'm pregnant. . . due February 24th. . . just a little souvenir we picked up in Hawaii.

2. Hyrum is one! Crazy how time flies. He amazes me everyday with his new discoveries and tricks. He climbs on everything, gets into all kinds of things, says words like ball, duck, and dog (although it's not the most articulate speech so we often translate.) He's getting closer and closer to walking on two feet, but does the Jungle Book's Mogley walk really well. He's SOOO dirty pretty much all the time. . . I swear he does bathe regularly. He likes eating dirt and rocks and pretty much anything else he can fit between his fingers (including real food too).

3. The week before Hyrum's birthday we had a few visitors from my side of the family visit. Here are some pictures:

Grandma and Grandpa Rushton and Aunt Michelle came through on their way to the Rushton Reunion. It was so fun spending time with them, even though it was brief.
The Zeiglers all came down too. Hyrum LOVED having all the kids around for a few hours. We love family!

4. The 4th of July! The Partridge Picnic tradition was a blast! I could talk about it, but a picture is worth a thousand words so here we go:

5. Hyrum's Birthday. . . the 5th of July was a fun day. We had car shaped mini cakes that all the cousins decorated and then some kiddie pools and the playset. So much fun! Here are some pic's:


6. I finished Book #3 from the Twilight Series. If you haven't yet read all three books please stop reading this because it will ruin them for you. I thought I would tell you why I'm on "Team Jacob", and remember these are all my opinions and no hard feelings are intended. Edward may be handsome and mature, but he is way to protective. He just seems like the typical abusive boyfriend that has to know what you're doing, who you're with, and in his case what your thinking all the time. He's obviously older than Bella and very mature. . too mature for her. She's loosing her childhood and I'm sure sometime in the future she'll regret not having more fun. . . not to mention not being able to have children or keep in touch with her family. I will admit that Edward was much better at being less over protective on the 3rd book, but I'm still not convinced. Jacob Black on the other hand is young, and not always very mature, but he's fun. Just as Bella could picture a life with him (2 kids running on the rez, friends, family, etc.) I think it was a very real picture that makes more sense and will be a life without regrets. . other than Edward. Where as Edward will leave her with many regrets. Jacob has some growing up to do when it comes to relationships, but there's a lot of potential. Bella was happy with him, she felt free, fun, and exciting. I don't remember any point that she felt free, fun, or excited being with Edward. So, anyway these are my thoughts and I'm voting for Jacob!


12 comments:

Scott and Michelle Ouderkirk said...

Thanks for letting us crash at your place. It was a lot of fun to visit at least for a little while. Hopefully we'll see you soon - this fall/winter maybe????

Scott and Michelle Ouderkirk said...

Cool my picture finally showed up. Your blog is the first one - gosh you must be special.

Molly Gehring said...

HERE IS A LIST FOR YOU.
1. first of all - congrats on being pregnant. I hope you are feeiling well.
2.You are the first person I know who is on the Jacob team with me !! YEAH!! I totally agree with you. I pictured Jacob as being better looking than Edward as I was reading. I've never been one for skinny pale guys. I kinda prefer a man with a little meat on his bones.
3. We missed your family at the reunion. Wish you, Jeff, and Angela could have made it. Maybe we will see you next year. It was fun to see Dan and Michelle.

rushtonfamily said...

Hey Cuz, congratulations on baby #2! Do you want a girl this time??

Thanks for your comments on Elke's blog. I can tell you truly missed the reunion (you were there in spirit). I absolutely love the Rushton Reunions - lot's of fun and tons of good food. The only problem is there's never enough time to catch up with everybody. I said like 4 words to Dan the Man, but it's better than nothing!

-Nick

P.S. not sure if you knew Trishkabobs has a blog: joshandtrisha.blogspot.com

P.S.S. I don't like skinny pale guys either...

rushtonfamily said...

Yeah, you got Trisha's blog, just saw that...my bad...

Anonymous said...

fun fun fun! love the pictures, love the post, love everything! and wow, congratulations on expecting! you are too funny..."just a little souvenir" I'll say!

libby said...

Congratulations Stephanie!!! I had no idea! DJ told me the day after we came home and I felt so bad I didn't say anything while we saw you! Hope you're feeling okay...

As for Edward/Jacob, BLASPHEME I say! I guess I'll allow you to have your opinion... I guess. :) I know I've already told you mine, but I have to say I really appreciate the protective side of Edward. It's very endearing, and makes me feel like he loves Bella so much more. I can see the over-protective boyfriend thing though. I guess I'm shallow, because I can't get past all the descriptions of Edward's unrivaled beauty. Who wouldn't love that!?!

Christina said...

The twins like to eat rocks and dirt, too. I really thought they would have grown out of it by now. But I sort of think they do it just to drive me crazy.

Hina Schneider said...

Congrats! We are way excited for you guys. If its a girl your having we call dibs on her for Jack to marry.

Patrick, Adrienne, Isabella, & Makenzie said...

hey! i found your blog through somebody else's blog (can't remember who) anyway, have to say that i'm a huge edward fan, but i'm reading the books again, and so far i can at least ACCEPT the jacobites' opinions and reasonings :p happy twilighting!

Bethany @ The Paper Pony said...

I am so happy for your future baby! You'll have to start thinking about Hawaiian names (ha ha). But honestly, Jacob is so over... Bella made her choice. I think she is stupid as well to ruin her whole life for Edward (who is just a little bit older than her... which is pretty gross when you think about it) but she's made her choice (only a couple of weeks and we find out "the rest of the story"! You're awesome!

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday to Hyrum, and a huge congrats on your new baby!!