3 ear infections
2 instances of hand-foot-mouth disease
9 teeth
Newborn feedings
Calculated approximately 300 hours of lost sleep (that's all combined 38 nights awake)
Phases he's overcome:
Thumb sucking
Toe eating
Bottles
Head butting (for the most part)
Biting
We also figured that we've spent approximately $2,000 on diapers since July 5th, 2007
2 instances of hand-foot-mouth disease
9 teeth
Newborn feedings
Calculated approximately 300 hours of lost sleep (that's all combined 38 nights awake)
Phases he's overcome:
Thumb sucking
Toe eating
Bottles
Head butting (for the most part)
Biting
We also figured that we've spent approximately $2,000 on diapers since July 5th, 2007
Why am I saying all this? Because, after figuring all this out I can't help but smile and think of how I would never in a million years trade who he is now and how he came to be our little Monkey Man. I recently read an article where a women said "Being a mother has expanded the depth of my heart." This is the best description I've ever heard of parenthood. Brett and I talked the other night about how much we love Hyrum and can't imagine a love being greater. We also talked about how with each new child a new expanse will be discovered in our hearts. When our hearts feel so full that there might be no more room, the Lord opens up a whole new 'ventricle'. We love Hyrum so much and can't wait for a new little brother to fill our hearts and home with a new little personality and friend to play with.

1 comment:
Super cute pics! Wow I can't believe he is 18 months. Crazy! Wow this kid has just overcome so much. I guess I will be over coming these in a little while.
Post a Comment