Friday, October 2, 2009

A Lot of . . .

You know when you have so much stuff you need to post about that you don't post at all, because you don't know where to start. Well, that's me for the past 3 weeks. Here are a few glimpses:

On September 5th and 8th Brett and I turned 27! Yea, woa. More canning. Last week it was 138 jars of pears! I am so grateful to my neighbor who invited me to join her. It's nice to let the kids play together and be productive. There's a family in our ward that is kind of our twin family. They have two girls almost the exact same age as our boys! We thought we'd invite them over for dinner and family night to get to know them better. It was really fun watching the kids interact. The babies tended to gravitate toward each other, but they wouldn't face each other, it was so funny. Hyrum: He is the sweetest boy in the world. I love him to bits. He's my super helper around the house with sweeping, wiping down 'messes', cleaning windows, and vacuuming. Hyrum loves giving hugs, butterfly and eskimo kisses, and tickling. Lately he loves picking up Noah (which is really scary, but sweet too). I'm saying all of these things, because this is what I see everyday. Sadly, he has a hard time with big groups and socializing with other kids. Part of the problem is his size. He struggles in nursery because he can knock kids over easily. They divided the nursery into junior and senior groups and he's taller than most of the senior kids, but he's one of the younger ones in junior. I think his aggresion is because he isn't able to communicate what he wants sometimes. He had chronic ear infections his first year of life and it may be effecting his speech now. He is always progressing, and says the cutest things, but it's a slow process. I just wish everyone else could see how sweet he is and that he's not a maniac.

Noah: Speaking of sweet. Noah is one adorable little man! He's getting so grown up. He's now 7 months old; crawling everywhere, pulling himself up on everything, and eating anything he can find. He is just getting over another ear infection, and this one left him with a horrible diaper rash from the drugs. We saw an ENT today and scheduled a surgery next week to put in tubes. I only wish that we did this with Hyrum. I'm really nervouse about the whole thing, but I know it's the best thing for him.

5 comments:

mindy said...

tubes for a 7 month old? I've never heard of it being done so young. must be serious! good luck--you and Noah will both be fine!!

Jaclyn said...

poor Noah... that is super young for tubes.. But I'm here to say that literally hours after Bree's tube placement we saw an immediate difference and we wondered why we'd waited so long! The procedure is so fast (15 minutes!) and recovery is also very quick. By the next day he'll be as good as new and better! Hang in there... it's scary, but it will all be okay!

Can't WAIT to see you!!!!

p.s. you've probably already been warned, but some kids (like Bree) have a rough time coming out of the anesthesia. For us, that was the scariest and hardest part. But it only lasts a half hour or so. Bring a favorite something for Noah (blanket, paci, etc) in case he has a hard time. We'll pray for him!

Hina Schneider said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you and Brett. Gosh! Canning, I wish I was good at that. Way to go for you guys. That is totally awesome. So sorry to hear about Noah and ear tubes, Jefferson can relate to that cause he had it done three times.

Scott and Michelle Ouderkirk said...

Hey we haven't talked in a while and I am trying to get back into my norms to lift up my spirits, so get ready for some phone calls. Take care of those boys . . .and you of course.

Colette said...

Noah's probably already had the surgery, but I just wanted to tell you that tubes have been the best thing possible for Micah. I'm so glad we did it.