Thursday, August 12, 2010

PG-13

This post is not for people who are uncomfortable or grossed out about the topic of poo. Being knee deep (not literally) in potty training this week means our main topic of conversation, reminders, and rewards are all based on accomplishments within the bathroom. Hyrum has been doing a GREAT job and we are very happy with his progress. I just hope his success lasts and we limit our public embarrassments(none would be preferable, but not likely).

Anyway, to the main reason for this post. Hyrum had the funniest conversation with me today while he was sitting on the toilet in our bathroom while I got ready for the day. Right after it happened I decided I just had to run downstairs to write it down before I forgot so I could, of course, share it with the world:

"Poop in trouble, Mom. Trying to get out, stuck inside tummy. hmmm. . . . I have great idea! Put mouse inside tummy and mouse cut it out, and then poop come out, and then mouse come out too. . . (long pause). . . Mom! Mom! Stop getting face dirty (that would be putting my makeup on) Come see! Big giant beanstalk big poop come out and float in water! Look Mom! Look!"

Oh, the simple joys of life that just crack us up, and yes his underwear is on backwards. He prefers to see the picture:)

6 comments:

Jaclyn said...

haha! oh the things kids say....

yes, that "proposal" was from our provo scavenger hunt! I didn't even remember it! And I found a great video of you and Brett that night acting out a public fight because apparently he cheated on you with your roommate. :) seriously, that was such a fun night!

christina said...

Hilarious!!

I've been trying to teach my girls to pick their wedgies but they haven't quite grasped the idea. :)


-c

Jason & Naomi said...

HAHA! I can't believe it! We both have new posts about poo. It's really just bound to happen now that we have a kid of our own! I had no idea so much could be in just one little body!

Jennifer said...

That's so funny . . . where did the mouse idea come from?!

This will be great for you as parents to hold over his head when he's a teenager . . . "obey or else we will share the blog post with all your friends"!!

mindy said...

wyatt also loved his underwear on backwards, for the same reason. love those boys!

Unknown said...

That is hilarious!! Potty training is so much fun and I remember talking about pee and poop quite a bit! Good job Hyrum!!