Brett started a new job yesterday. The last couple of weeks have been filled with anticipation, curiosity, . . . and a little worry. We are very grateful to be so blessed at this time when we recognize the job market is scarce. He is excited to be working for this new company called Simplifile. He is still working as a Software Engineer, but is excited to be doing something different. We've been able to have some good family time this week before he started his new job. We all went to a Farmer's Market last Saturday. The boys liked petting the animals and 'riding' on the tractor. Brett and I worked together to can some raspberries from the trip when we got home.
A mid-week Father/Son basement camp-out. Brett and Hyrum decided to rough it in our basement one night and have smores and watch movies. I came down a couple of times to see how it was going, and they would be laying the exact same way. It was sooo cute!
Another exciting thing that happened this week was the purchase of a car for Brett to take to work, which means I now have more freedom during the day. Today I took the boys up to the Timpanogos Caves Trail (which is only 2 miles from our house). It was so much fun and Hyrum especially liked looking at our map and having an adventure. Since I was by myself we only went up 1/3 of the way, because i was a little worried I would have to carry 62lb. of cute boys down the trail back, but they did great the whole time!

The boys always got excited to find trail markers and other signs. We would stop and read them, Hyrum said this sign says, "Watch out, don't fall off volcano!" I'm glad he's thinking safe.
3 comments:
I love the idea of the father-son basement camp-out!
The pics from the Timp caves trail are beautiful. I've lived in the area for 13 years and I've never been there -- guess I need to go check it out!
I think it's awesome he was able to find a new job so quickly! What a relief, I'm sure. And congrats on the new car and newfound freedom. :)
How fun! Way to go on getting out of the house. I'm finding that our schedule is going to be VERY busy here, which is good but hard to get used to with a 6-week old. I miss you already but we'll have to plan for you to come up sometime and spend the day!
Post a Comment