We were able to spend Saturday and Sunday with the family too. On Saturday we got to see my oldest sister, Holly's, new home. It's gorgeous! It also has the most amazing views and landscaping. The boys had so much fun exploring and playing. Hyrum was in a serious pillow fight match in the basement with his cousins, which always bring about some kind of injury. He just tweaked his wrist a little bit so I brought him to Grandpa for his 'magical owie fixing'. I remember my Dad doing this to me when I was younger. He would get really serious and then rub his hands together really fast for a long time (yep, right out of Karate Kid) then put his hand ontop of the owie. Suddenly everything was better. Hyrum thought it was really cool and kept talking about Grandpa's magic. (Later Noah hurt his lip and Hyrum tried to do the same thing and put his hand over Noah's mouth - that didn't go over quite as well:))
The boys spent a considerable amount of time on their trampoline. I have some major jump-aholics in the making. They loved playing with their cousins and running around their new big back yard.
On Saturday night we went to the Cherry Hill water park. It was a blast! The kids had so much fun on the lazy river and the pirate ship pool. I didn't get any pictures, because I was in the water or wet the whole time. I was really glad that my sister got a few to prove that we went. We were in the water during this first picture, but this is my family for you - taking the water park by storm.
There was no better way to end this reunion than visiting Temple Square. We attended a ward that met in the Joseph Smith Building in an amazingly brilliant room. Everything was so beautiful and reminded of us being inside the temple. As we sat down we realized that in front of us we could see Elder Oaks behind the stand. It was a very small ward with mostly elderly people attending, and so I can honestly say that at some point during the meeting Elder Oaks heard each of the Rushton children seated:) He was nice enough to stick around after the meeting to talk to everyone, shake hands, give hugs, etc. When he shook hands with our boys he said they looked like great future missionaries. When we were in the hall area Elder Oaks was talking to several different people. We all decided to get together on some steps behind where he was standing and be 'pose' ready. My Dad then tapped him on the shoulder and asked if he would mind turning and facing the camera for a picture. He looked at all of us with a little surprised face and said that he couldn't just stand in front us us all, and he would much rather get in the middle.

No comments:
Post a Comment