Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Beginnings

 Today was Hyrum's first day of Preschool!  It was perfect.  I'm really excited for the friends he'll make, the things he'll learn, and the change of environment that will feed his curiosity about the world.  Finding the right fit of a preschool for him was a little scary when we were looking into several options last year, but we are very happy with where he's going.  He is one of 12 students in his classroom.  He has his own cubby that he picked out (with a red bear, because red is his favorite color).  He has his own special school bag/tote that he will take with him every school day.  He also loves talking about how he goes to the 'apple school', because it has a picture of a large apple on the front.  This is the perfect time for him to explore his independence and do something all by himself.  Noah is also using this time without Hyrum around to further explore his independence (not that he had a problem with that before).  Today after we took Hyrum to school we came back home and I hopped in the shower.  Noah decided to get out the container of muffins in the fridge, eat off all the frosting on them, and then place the bare muffins back in the container in the fridge.  I could write a book of all the mischievous things he does when he knows no one is watching.  Anyway,  it will be a fun year and I'm happy for Hyrum and also for the alone time I will be able to spend with my little sneak too:).  
In other Hyrum happenings: our Primary is getting ready for the next Primary Program and sent us home with a little question-air for us to fill out with Hyrum.  They asked us to just write down what he answered honestly.  This was a really fun thing to do and to listen to the things he said and how he responded.  Some of the answers crack me up, but I was really impressed by his understanding.  Enjoy!:

Q: Why is it important to make a plan and follow it?
A: "Because we can make good choices"

Q: Where can we find Heavenly Father's plan for us?
A: "Outer space"

Q: Who are you?
A: "Hyrum"

Q: Where did you come from?
A: "uhh, from Wal Mart. . . from my house: Hyrum's house"

Q: Why are you here, on earth?
A: "because Jesus is in space and he doesn't want our bodies to disappear"

Q: What will happen to us after we die?
A: "We go under ground and someone will write my name on a stone.  Then my spirit will go to outer space with Jesus Christ and maybe Heavenly Father."

Q: What is one thing Jesus created that is important to you?
A: "Our house.  The earth."

Q: Why are families so important in Heavenly Father's plan?
A: "Because they love each other and do nice things, and then we can be together forever."

Q: How do you feel when you keep the commandments?
A: "Happy! Happy! Happy!"

Q: How can you follow God's plan?
A:  "Making good choices and doing good things, use scripture power to win against Sati. . . (I think he forgot his name)uh, against mean guys." 

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a cute questionnaire! I love his answers, especially the one about when we die what happens to us.

Our kids have loved the "apple school", and I'm glad that it will be a good fit for you, too! Hyrum is growing up so fast.

Jaclyn said...

WAY too cute. That needs to be kept forever!

Cassi said...

Love it! I'm so excited for Hyrum to have preschool. It's amazing how much the kids learn and grow and (at least in my experience) how much more we love them when we've missed them a little when they are gone.

Jill Rushton said...

He is so smart. I'm glad Primary and pre-school are challenging his mind. I'm hoping your boys will be smart like their Dad and wise like their Mom. love, MOM