So, the day began not so fun. Owen woke up at 5:45 am and was ready to rock and roll. Shortly after; Hyrum woke up, and then Noah woke up. By 8 Owen was ready for a nap so I put a show on for the boys and decided to take a quick cat nap. Well, my eyes opened at 10:30!!!! I went down to find the boys STILL glued to the TV. I DON'T let them watch that much TV, so I was kind of worried how the rest of the day was going to go. I knew that the only way to redeem myself was to spend the rest of the day having fun. We went to one of the parks that I don't take the boys to very often and played and had a picnic for two hours! The boys had so much fun!
I love all the trails and walkways all around our city. I had to stop and grab a quick picture of the boys. . . Noah ran behind me, but these two guys were pretty cute!
After the park the boys rode their bikes and played with a neighbors dog for another hour or so and then we went out to eat an early dinner with some friends at the new golf course grill (yummm!). We got home just in time to grab the boys shin guards and head to their first soccer game of the year! This will be Hyrum's third Tot Soccer and Noah's first. I'm so glad they will be able to play together before Hyrum turns 5. They played really well. Hyrum was quite the star of the field (being the oldest), because he always knew what direction the ball was supposed to be going. He really liked being the leader. During one part of the game he kicked the ball all the way across the field by himself and scored a goal.
Noah played really well too. He loved being on Hyrum's team. It helped him not be so shy. He pretty much copied everything Hyrum did, but he didn't follow him around everywhere. In the picture below (I know it's hard to see) he got possession of the ball and kicked it for a while. Later in the game the ball went off the field, so Noah ran and picked it up, carried it in front of the goal, and then kicked it in. No, not technically a point, but I won't tell him that.
After the game we went and got milkshakes to celebrate their awesome game and our fun day. They'll be sleeping well tonight:).






No comments:
Post a Comment