Saturday, September 29, 2012

Funny things they say

After two accidents yesterday, I made Noah wear a Pullup for the rest of the day. He was not happy. The next day I told him he could wear underwear again and he said, "Good job mom! I'm so proud of you for saying yes to my underwear". He is SOO funny!


After a good morning of hard playing and a big lunch, Noah sighed and said, "I pooped!"  I looked at him in shock and said, "What! On the stool just now?" He looked confused and then explained that he was so tired and ready to have quiet time.  He meant he was pooped.  I explained the difference.  :)



I asked Hyrum if he handed his permission slip in to his teacher for his school field trip. This was his response: "Yes. (Then he looked unsure and paused for a minute)  Well, actually most of the answer is yea, but only a little bit of the answer is no, but mostly yea. Sooo, I think my answer is yea."


Hyrum had a hard time on the bus the first couple of weeks of school because he couldn't get anyone to sit with him.  He would come home sad.  Then one day he got two pieces of colorful pipe cleaner I used for a craft project awhile ago and twisted them around each other and made it into a cool shape.  I asked him what he was making and he got really excited and said, "This is my invention, it's called the 'Sit-by-me-on-the-bus-inator'.  I'll hang this on my backpack and when other kids see it they will want to sit by me and be my friend."  It was very ingenious.

I was leaving to go visiting teaching on a Saturday morning and Brett was home with the boys.  As I was getting in the van to leave, Noah called out to me, "Mom! I will miss you so much!  I love you! I will very miss you!  Don't forget my kisses!"  Then he blew me kisses over and over again.  I kept catching them and blowing kisses to him. As the garage door shut he just kept crouching down lower and lower with it, while still blowing me kisses, until he was laying on the floor blowing kisses when the door shut.  

We introduced the boys to the old movie classic Hook.  The boys were intrigued and Hyrum especially loved it.  Anyway, we were talking about Hook and the bad choices he was making during the movie.  Noah said, "He is not following Jesus' plan."

1 comment:

kristen said...

I love it. Kids are so funny. Landen and I always say how boring our lives would be without our kids conversations to keep us laughing.