I love the end of winter. I love the flowers blooming and the kids playing outside more then they are inside. I love the excitement the boys find in worms and bugs. I really love when the garden starts to bloom. I love the colorful blossoms and getting my hands dirty in the soil.
This summer we got a pass to the canyon and the boys love being in nature to explore, skip rocks in the river, and climb trees. I think we will spend many days up there this summer when school's out.
One of the most exciting things that has happened since the snow has melted is Hyrum's new love of his bike, minus training wheels! After a couple of Saturdays of Brett working with him, he was off. Now we have a hard time getting him to stop riding his bike. He is becoming such an independent little man.
Funny things the boys say:
Hyrum: While we were eating lunch one day Hyrum asked if I was extra smart because I had two brains. I was kind of confused, obviously. I told him I only had one brain. His response: "No, mom you have two brains in your body because you have one in your head and one in the baby that's in your tummy. So does that mean you're extra smart?" This boys brain is ALWAYS going. His thought process and deductions blows me away sometimes.
Noah: While I was pouring Noah some cereal he said he would get the milk. I watched as he pulled the full gallon of milk from the fridge with difficulty. It was heavy and he carried it to me with both hands and said, "I. . . WILL. . . NOT. . . LET. . . THIS. . . MILK. . . DEFEAT. . . ME!"
Owen: This little man has added some new words to his vocabulary. "No" has really opened up understanding between us. Now it's so much easier to find out what he wants to eat by pointing to things. His cutest new word is "ME!" When we ask a question like 'who wants to. . . ' He raises both hands over his head and yells "ME!" It is SO cute! Mostly, he does it when we ask who wants to say the prayer. He is just so cute!



No comments:
Post a Comment