With Emmett's coming and all the excitement that comes along with bringing a new little person into the world, we didn't want Hyrum to feel like we passed over his birthday. He's been talking about his birthday pretty much daily for the past six months. We knew we had to make it a special day for him. We had an Oriental Trading magazine come in the mail a few months ago and Hyrum was certain that it came just for him. He would go in his room and look through each page analyzing each toy and party favor. His party theme desires changed several times, but he finally decided on aliens. There aren't a lot of alien decorations out there, but we did the best we could. Originally we were going to do something outside, but there was a record making heat wave in Utah and so we decided to move it to the church's gym. Most of the party preparation and purchasing was done before Emmett was born because I wasn't sure if I would even be out of the hospital on the big day. I was SO happy that I was able to be there. Other then some setup and take down I didn't do much during the party. Brett was an amazing MC for all the kids. IT was a big group of kids and he kept the games moving along and the kids happy. They started with some games and a little dance party (Hyrum loves showing off his dance moves).
The piƱata was the most important request that Hyrum had for his birthday. He talked about pinata's every time he mentioned his birthday.
The kids loved the alien party hats. Although his Alien Cake ended up looking a little more like a five eyed frog, it seemed to appease Hyrum.
Sometimes I can't believe we have a six year old. It's crazy how fast the time goes. He is such a sweet boy and I am so glad we have the opportunity to have him in our family. When we asked him what kind of ice cream he wanted for his birthday he immediately told us what kind of ice cream his cousins like/don't like, because he wanted to be sure he had something for everyone. He cares about what people like and wants to make people happy. He got some amazing presents. They've kept him in his room for many hours this past week, busy playing. Brett found an amazing kids electronics exploration kit that we got him for his birthday. He has had so much fun making things and learning about circuits and how electricity works. He is so smart. He loves to learn how things work. He is very inventive and tells me several of his inventions each day. I'm excited to see where his mind takes him in life. We love you, Hyrum!






No comments:
Post a Comment