Friday, August 23, 2013

First Days of School

I can't believe that Hyrum is in first grade!  I still see him as my little man.  Some days I don't feel like I'm ready for him to be in full time school, because there is so much more I want to teach him at home.  I hope he remembers his manners.  What if he gets too tired?  What if other kids are mean to him?  Does he know how to stand up for himself?  Will he remember how to tie his shoes?  I hope he doesn't get lost in the crowds of kids and feel alone or scared.  I hope my hugs and kisses will hold him over.  Will he remember what we taught him about peer pressure and how his words effect other people?  I'm sure every parent experiences this and that's why we send him into the unknown anyway.  This is his chance to 'test his wings' as an individual.  I love him and know he is capable of so many amazing things.  I hope his teachers will see the potential that we all see in him.    

It was a long day and his brothers missed him a lot.  Owen ran up to him the moment he stepped off the bus and gave him a big hug.  It was very cute.

Noah started Preschool this year and is very excited about it as you can see in the picture.  We were really glad to have him be in the same classroom that Hyrum was in two years ago.  It's a new teacher, but Noah was glad that he knew right where to go.  When I picked him up today he was busy talking to his teacher.  That boy can talk like no other.  Give him a minute and he'll give you an hour:)  We love his creative mind.

It must be Fall because the sky is A-MAZE-ING! (This picture has not been touched up at all.  These colors are real and were even more vivid in person.) 

2 comments:

Jill Rushton said...

Beautiful sunset. Your two boys look so big. H really does look like a big school boy and N is his exuberant self. Love his bright shoes. Thank you for sharing. Your reunion photos are better than ours. we love you!

Jill Rushton said...

Beautiful sunset. Your two boys look so big. H really does look like a big school boy and N is his exuberant self. Love his bright shoes. Thank you for sharing. Your reunion photos are better than ours. we love you!

September 5, 2013 at 3:14 PM Delete