Sunday, August 11, 2013

One Month

I've been afraid to say this publicly in fear that I will jinx it, but Emmett is seriously the best baby EVER!  He really is amazing.  He rarely cries.  He loves just looking around and especially loves staring at fans.  This is the big thing. . . . he sleeps. . . . at night. . . and it's wonderful!  We have had three pretty awful night sleepers in his older brothers.  I pretty much just assume that babies don't truly sleep through the night until they're close to three.  I've read books and numerous articles about getting kids to sleep through the night.  We've pretty much tried everything.  We've seen stages of improvement and felt like things were working and also digressions that have been horrible.  Now that we have Emmett I've come to the conclusion that some kids are just good sleepers and some are not.  Sure, there are things that you can do to improve your chances of good sleeping, but sometimes you can only do so much because that child may just take three years to figure out that night means sleep. I know that there is a good chance that Emmett may have rough nights in the future, but for now I am really enjoying and grateful for this sleep that I never experienced with my other boys.  I put Emmett to bed between 7-7:30 each night and he sleeps until 2-3am, and then goes back to sleep for another 4ish hours!  He's AMAZING!!!
He's so cute too.  The boys are still in love with him.  He is smothered in kisses everyday by Owen and Noah and Hyrum love holding him.  His umbilical cord hung on for quite a while, but it's off now and he has such a cute little belly button:)
He has super long fingers! 
Where did Emmett go?  He's camouflaged!  Noah changed his shirt when he saw what Emmett was wearing so that they could match.

 

No comments: