Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Schedules

I have so much to be grateful for. My boys drive me crazy for reasons that should make me happy.  They love to run, explore, shout, investigate the interiors of things that should remain together, exercise their vocal chords, see things as they are and not as we have been conditioned to see them, and they are not afraid to be true to their feelings and to themselves.  I have a lot to learn from them.  I hope to have their zeal for life when I am encountered with small things easy to overlook.  I need to remember to stop being busy and notice how beautiful dust sparkles as the sun shines through our finger-printed windows.  I need to love seeing all of the dirt under their little nails that has been collected while digging for treasures, wrestling in the grass, and challenging the laws of gravity at the park.  They earned that dirt.  Being a mom is hard.  Days are busy and all of my productive time is from 8:30pm-midnight.  I've burned a lot of midnight oil lately and yet the house isn't very clean, sometimes I forget when I last gave the boys baths, my goal of making three meals a week isn't always hit, and every night when I go to sleep I have a feeling I'm forgetting something.  I know that someday I will wish for these days of snuggles and drool.  And that's why I blog.  
 (Noah wanted to try my camera.  I turned around to put something in the microwave and he took this picture.  It makes me happy.)

(Boxes are our best friends.)

3 comments:

Jill Rushton said...

I love this blog entry. Save it someplace. Someday it will come in handy for a talk, or just your personal sanity.

Jill Rushton said...

I love this blog entry. Save it someplace. Someday it will come in handy for a talk, or just your personal sanity.

Emily Haney said...

Our lives are EXACTLY the same right now. It's crazy how you took those feelings straight out of my head and put them to paper!