Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Harvest

The boys have been so excited the past couple of months as they've watched our pumpkins growing in the backyard that they planted from seeds this summer.  The long vine-y plants ran out of our garden area and started taking over our grass, but we couldn't cut them back because the only pumpkins that grew from the huge plants were three beautiful pumpkins in our lawn.  So, we went with it, and our yard looked pretty scary for a while.  I was so glad that we had three grow, so that each of the boys could have their own (minus Emmett).  Hyrum's was perfectly orange.  Noah and Owens were perfectly green, but at least they were big and they loved them.  We brought them in and got carving.  You could really see Hyrum and Noah's personalities while we carved.  Hyrum wanted to make something scary, but he refused a pattern.  Instead he just started digging and cutting into the pumpkin.  We asked what he was going to make and his response was something like, "I don't know yet, we'll see what happens after I start".  Yep, that's Hyrum.  Hyrum takes after his Dad in ALMOST every way, except this was all me. :)  In fact I recall saying almost the same thing last year when I made a pumpkin.  Patterns frustrate me too.  His final pumpkin was pretty crazy but I loved it because it was creative and all his.  Noah was hesitant to pick something out to carve because everything was too scary.  After much deliberation and looking through books that afternoon he picked the sillouette of a cute kitty sitting on top of a pumpkin.  He does not like scary!  He has a very tender heart and loves everything to be rosy and cute.  He's such a sweet boy.  Owen was just excited about everything and ran around most of the time, while occasionally stabbing his pumpkin or his brothers and then running away again.  He's a funny boy.

No comments: