Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween 2013


When we found out that Emmett would be a boy we decided that a family of 4 boys meant a family of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  It really worked out well because Hyrum's favorite color is red (Raphael) and Noah's favorite color is blue (Leonardo).  The two littlest don't have much of an opinion so they get assigned orange and purple.  When I mentioned TMNT as Halloween costumes to the boys about a month ago they were REALLY excited about it.  Then as we got closer to Halloween Hyrum decided he didn't want to do it anymore and wanted to be something scary.  By that point I had already started on the costumes.  So I had to just hope that he would come to his senses as we got closer to spook day.  Well, Halloween morning I pulled out the costumes and the boys LOVED them.  Hyrum keeps insisting that we save his costume to wear next year too.  Oh, the drama!  By night time we had a mask left at school and Owen refused to wear his, but it was still good.




Noah was the only one brave enough to sport the green hair.  It was pretty awesome!


I'm not a toy weapons fan, and we've never had them in the house before, but we decided to give in for Halloween.  They were ninja's ALL DAY long!  It was fun, and no one got hurt. 

We had an early dinner of Bloody Guts (Sloppy Joe Casserole), and slime green punch with an ice hand.  The boys loved the hand.  I also attempted some bones of meringue, but they didn't turn out.

Here's the trick-or-treating crew.  I took all the boys to invade our street and then Brett took the two older boys to do a little bit more.  It was a fun night.  I LOVE Halloween! 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Those costumes are amazing! I am always amazed at your sewing skills, creativity, and effort give to make holidays and events fun for your kids. You're a great mom!