Hyrum is such a monkey!!! When I hear silence I know it's time to run into whatever room he's in. We've found him standing on our dining room table, almost flipped over the couch, and this (above) is his new daredevil piece of furniture. Brett and I have found him on the top level standing up and playing with the blinds. . . it scares me to death!!! But, what can you do with such a cute little man? :)
I'm now going to get back to my tag from Jaclyn. This hopefully will not make you all look at me in a dimmer light. :)
High School Tag
Your High School's full name: Gov. John R. Rogers H. S.
High School Colors: Navy Blue and sky blue. . I'm pretty sure
School Mascot: Rams
Did you date anyone from your school?: Date. . . hmmm I didn't do any of that until I was almost 20, sadly.
What kind of car did you drive: Well, I mostly took the bus. On occasion I would hitch a ride with a friend of mine's mom, who was a chain smoker. I usually felt kind of sick by the time we got to school, so I didn't like to ask unless I was running really late. Sometimes in the evening or on weekends I got to borrow my parents mini van. . . . yet again another reminder of my nerdiness.
It's Friday night where are you: I would usually be at school every day of the week working on something for a club, leadership, or play practice. If I did have a free Friday night it would most likely be spent on my couch watching a movie with my parents.
Were you a party animal: I loved having fun and being crazy, but I think I could probably count the amount of parties I was invited to in my entire high school career on one hand. . . ok, this is getting more and more depressing.
Were you considered a flirt: Yes
Were you in band, orchestra, choir, or other group: I played flute in the band through 9th grade. During 10th grade I didn't play with the HS, but I was a member of the NW Flute Collegium in Tacoma. I quit completely by 11th grade.
Were you in any clubs: I think the real question should be what club was I not involved in? Key Club, Honor Society, SADD (I actually got to go to Washington DC with them and was interviewed on the news. . . very exciting) Co-President of Drama Club, ASB Secretary, Superfriends, Natural Helpers, and . . . I know I'm missing something, but this is a good start.
Did you ever get expelled or suspended: I was to much of a suck-up, that could never happen.
Can you still sing the fight song: To be honest I don't think I ever knew all the words. I would usually be talking to someone during the song.
Who were your favorite teachers: I don't know. That's a tuff question. I loved Ms. Kinkela because she never really cared if I wasn't in class as long as I got my homework done and kept an A. She would send me on errands and a lot of times I would just hang out in the leadership room making posters during class. I had a lot of teachers that I really liked. I loved Mr. Bates because he was pasionate about books, and I loved all of my history teachers (but I think that was mostly because I just really loved history).
Where did you sit during lunch: Jaclyn I'm the same with you. I had my lunch in the seminary house across the street.
Who did you go to Homecoming with? I went with Nick Vance my senior year. (He asked me a week before the dance. . .I think his younger sister, who was in my seminary class, convinced him to ask me because I was in charge of the Homecoming assembly, and was kind of depressed that I wouldn't even get to go.) We had fun, even though we didn't know each other very well.
Who did you go to Prom with? I went my Junior year as a favor for my cousin. One of his friends had been turned down and aleady had paid for all the stuff, so I agreed to go. . . his name was Joey Buttsner(enough said). I was just glad my cousin Nate was their with us, because he and I were really close. I didn't go my Senior Year.
If you could go back and re-do high school, would you?: I don't think so. My life was so much better the moment I said goodbye to that school.
What do you remember about Graduation: I really don't remember a whole lot. I remember loving the new dress I wore. I also remember thinking the pomp of it all was rediculous. It was a long day, and I was tired of waiting and standing in lines. But at the same time it was fun and exhilerating knowing that this was the end.
Do you plan on going to your 10 year reunion: I would like to go. I think it will be fun seing where people ended up. And if people are doing what I imagined them doing.
Yay All done!! So, now I tag Hina, Kami, and I can't help but invite Blair, since we went to HS together. It will be fun to see what you guys say, but I won't be upset if you decline. . .it can be a tramatic experience looking back to the evil hallways of superficiality. :)
5 comments:
Amen! "The evil hallways of superficiality." I've never heard it phrased better!
I second the amen! That's the best description of high school possible. :)
I must stand up and defend high school at least a little bit :) No, I would never want to redo high school (although there are a few classes I might take a do-over in, knowing how much they would have helped me in college now). However, for me High School was a great growing time, learning and defining who I am. I totally agree that there are "evil hallways of superficialty" (I love my wife's way with words). However, I also know that some of my closest friendships were forged in the "detentions of doom and despair" (I'm not quite as good at that as Stephanie). Anyway, anyone who was with us for the infamous Vegas Trip (and the detentions after) will know what I'm talking about!!!!
If I was still stuck in H.S. I would commit suicide before continuing on. I know that's pretty harsh but H.S. was nothing but plain misery and bordom. I'm just glad we get to move on after H.S. and start on a better ride. They should make a tag for being in college that I would love to fill out even more.
steph! can't believe you left out our times of carpooling during "o" hour. and i'm guessing you were talking about my mom and the smoking. i'm sorry! i had no idea...
Post a Comment