Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dates to Remember

Happy Pi Day on March 14th! We celebrated the glorious 3.14 by making an apple pie. The greatest pi day quote from my mathematically inclined sister, Michelle:
Pi is like a pregnant women: Irrational but well rounded.
Thanks Mic! (Can't wait for your little guy to come)

Over the weekend Brett's parents came into town. I was dumb enough to forget to put the memory card back into my camera after blogging last week! Sadly, you'll miss out on Brick Oven pictures and the grandparents. Just know, we had fun and it was great having a breather with them here.

So, I put a handful of chopped dried dates on the table for Hyrums snack the other day. He was munching away happily so I went downstairs to switch the laundry. I came back upstairs to hear a series of 4 or 5 sneezes. When Hyrum finished his sneeze fest he put his finger up his nose and signed for more. I thought he was asking for more sneezes. I asked him if that's what he wanted and he just put his finger up his nose again and signed for more and this time he had a concerned look on his face. I told him that I didn't understand what he wanted. He contemplated for a moment and then put his finger up his nose and this time said "stu" which means stuck. I made the connection and realized that he had put some dates up his nose. I got him to blow one out in a kleenex and then over the next half hour he sneezed out two more!!! Brett didn't see much humor in this event when I was telling him, but I can't help but think of how funny it will be when we tell him about this at his 16th birthday.

4 comments:

ecometrochic said...

Too funny! Kids really are the greatest thinkers. Except that they are inexperienced...

Bethany @ The Paper Pony said...

As long as everything comes out, anything kids put up their noses is funny.

mindy said...

we haven't had dates up the nose, just corn and BEADS. glad it all came out!

Lindsee said...

3 dates up his nose? That IS hilarious, and yes, it will be a fantastic story to share when he is older ;)