The thesis paper is in!!! It's been a long and "are we there yet?" journey. Now 54 pages of text are through being edited by his advising Professor and off to the committee. Pretty much all that's left to do is defend and pass his classes he's in now. In other big news: Brett was released from being in the Bishopric. He's been serving for about two years and it's been wonderful. It was kind of fun having him home after church, even though he was like a deer in the headlights, not knowing what to do with himself. I'm excited to have the help during Sacrament meeting. Hyrum was only a month old when he moved to the stand, and so he hasn't experienced the escape artist yet. All summed up: We love you, Brett!
Welcome Home
WE HAVE A HOUSE!!! There have been a lot of mishaps and craziness in the purchase process, but all worth holding those keys in our hands on Monday and walking into a house that we can call our own. We've begun moving our stuff over and it's really fun and exhilarating to know our money is going to something we get to keep. Pictures to come in the future.
Don't Judge the Crazy LadyHyrum is sick and Noah has been in an "only happy when eating or being held" mood. Added to that Noah hasn't been falling asleep until around 1:30 in the morning and Hyrum hasn't been sleeping well with being sick. So, with all that in mind, I've had about 10 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours. My eyes are blood shot and my hair isn't fixed. I'm wearing glasses because my contacts sting when I'm really tired. My shirt is slobbered on and Hyrum has a permanent stream of snot coming down his face no matter how many times he blows his nose. Anyway, now that I've painted the picture I'll tell you the story:
I've been renting an electric pump since Noah was born. It's been wonderful! It was due today, and so I packed the boys up and drove to the office in Orem. Luckily Noah fell asleep in the car, but Hyrum made up for the two of them in demanding attention. I parked the car and put Noah in my carrier, grabbed the pump(which is a big box), and then took Hyrum out. It was pretty windy and cold outside. Hyrum walked behind me for a while but then just didn't want to walk anymore. He started screaming and threw a tantrum, throwing himself onto the ground. I tried to talk him into following but he was just not having a good day. He threw another tantrum and this time refused to get up. It was cold and I was done with being outside, so I finally just grabbed Hyrum around the waist (potato-bag-style) and walked toward the door. So, with Hyrum in one arm, screaming with snot all over his face and red teary eyes, the pump in the other arm, and Noah in the front I headed inside. People were looking at me and I could just hear their thoughts, "Man, I'm glad I'm not her. . . She should not have two kids. . . some people just can't control their children. . . etc." I put Hyrum down and he continued with his screaming and I just went to the counter, returned the pump, and got out of there as quickly as possible.
Basically it was the worst errand I've ever run, but I wanted to record it so that when I'm in Wal-Mart thinking: "That women needs some serious help with parenting." I want to remember that we all have days when we haven't slept, our kids are cranky, and nothing seems to be right. . . and that's okay. It really makes us appreciate the days and moments when everything goes right.
I've been renting an electric pump since Noah was born. It's been wonderful! It was due today, and so I packed the boys up and drove to the office in Orem. Luckily Noah fell asleep in the car, but Hyrum made up for the two of them in demanding attention. I parked the car and put Noah in my carrier, grabbed the pump(which is a big box), and then took Hyrum out. It was pretty windy and cold outside. Hyrum walked behind me for a while but then just didn't want to walk anymore. He started screaming and threw a tantrum, throwing himself onto the ground. I tried to talk him into following but he was just not having a good day. He threw another tantrum and this time refused to get up. It was cold and I was done with being outside, so I finally just grabbed Hyrum around the waist (potato-bag-style) and walked toward the door. So, with Hyrum in one arm, screaming with snot all over his face and red teary eyes, the pump in the other arm, and Noah in the front I headed inside. People were looking at me and I could just hear their thoughts, "Man, I'm glad I'm not her. . . She should not have two kids. . . some people just can't control their children. . . etc." I put Hyrum down and he continued with his screaming and I just went to the counter, returned the pump, and got out of there as quickly as possible.
Basically it was the worst errand I've ever run, but I wanted to record it so that when I'm in Wal-Mart thinking: "That women needs some serious help with parenting." I want to remember that we all have days when we haven't slept, our kids are cranky, and nothing seems to be right. . . and that's okay. It really makes us appreciate the days and moments when everything goes right.

10 comments:
I hope things get better soon!
Tantrums are NOT fun.
:)
I feel your pain. That whole potato-sack-hold with the baby carrier on is tricky. I hope everyone starts feeling (and sleeping) better soon.
Congratulations on both the Thesis and the house!
so sad you guys are leaving, but i am happy for you that will be so nice! ope you get some sleep!
I'm sorry you are having such a hard week. Yesterday I cried 5 times, once because I couldn't get the little white strings off my orange when I peeled it. Lack of sleep really messes with people's heads . . .Hope it gets better soon
I'm sorry you are having such a hard week. Yesterday I cried 5 times, once because I couldn't get the little white strings off my orange when I peeled it. Lack of sleep really messes with people's heads . . .Hope it gets better soon
yay for having your husband back and for having a house! i'm sorry about the rough times though - hope you get some sleep soon!! i am sure you're so exhausted but hang in there. i guess this is what motherhood is all about - learning how to function when we feel absolutely dysfunctional!
Way to go brett for finishing the paper. I bet it will be nice now having brett in the crowd rather then at the stand. I am so sorry about your little sick boys. I sure hope they get better soon and everything starts going better for you guys.
I've been there, done that. Now I just chuckle when I see other moms going through it. Hang in there, and congrats on the home!!
I hear you with those crazy parenting moments! How exciting to have a house... I can't wait for photos.
The end really is in sight! We are anxious to see you in 3 weeks for graduation, house-fixing fun, and the sweet blessing.
Post a Comment