Friday, April 3, 2009

The crazies

So, a lot has happened in the past week or so. We started moving a few things over about a week and a half ago. . . nothing big, just stuff we had in storage. The plan was to make the big move after Brett graduated. Well, last Saturday at about 10 am Brett was working on homework and I was watching the kids when suddenly Brett said, "What do you think about moving into the new house today?" We had absolutely nothing prepared to move and no idea how we would do it all, but when Brett has an idea there's no turning back. A few phone calls were made and then we were off to craziness. With some help from some friends THANK YOU RYAN, SAM, CHAD, NAOMI, and JASON. We moved everything over to our new home, except for a few things that we picked up on Monday. I couldn't believe we did it. We were in such a hurry to get things over that there wasn't a whole lot of organization. . . so now that we're here we feel the craziness. The house is a mess of bags, boxes, and random stuff all over. I really can't wait until we find homes for everything. With Brett busy with school and work and the boys busy with my time it makes moving slow. The good new is that the bedrooms and bathrooms are almost fully put away. The basement is also pretty put together, but the rest of the house is a bit scary. Over the next few weeks we're going to be pretty swamped, but I'll try and stay ontop of putting updates on here.

This is what you see when you walk in our house:Yay! One empty suitcase!

6 comments:

ecometrochic said...

I hate moving, but I hate prolonged moves even more!

Chase and Kaley said...

Wahoo for moving! We are so excited to get to come and see your new place! It will totally be crazy for a while but it will all pay of in the end! Good Luck and we'll see you in a few!

kami said...

ah good luck with the craziness!! you WILL be organized someday! hang in there :)

Cassi said...

Hey when you have gotten all the way organized let me know. I still feel like I haven't unpacked some of my boxes! We are so excited to see you and the place in a few weeks.

Bethany @ The Paper Pony said...

Remember... it's a process. Especially with babies! Give yourself MONTHS! Even a year! It will get there... (I'm convincing myself as well)... It will, won't it?

Hina Schneider said...

How exciting, moving into your new house. Yeah moving is a total drag and is a total pain. Moving totally requires a lot of help. Wish we where there to help.