Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day 4? and beyond

Yes, there are no pictures on this post, but day 4 did really happen. I'll be adding them once I can confiscate some from my in-laws. There are no pictures because that was my 'blind day'. My right eye started bothering me Friday night and by Saturday morning i could barely open it. My eye looked really sci-fi red-creepy (ya, I'm really glad we have no picture evidence of that one). The best way I could think to describe the feeling was acid tears, sandpaper eyelids, and burning light. Basically, it wasn't a very fun day. Brett took Hyrum out to play at Disneyland and California Adventures all day, which I was very grateful for. They had a lot of fun. I layed in the dark hotel room, eyes shut and wearing a patch, with Noah. The trip through the airport and back home was an adventure. I was able to open my left eye every few seconds to make sure I was following the yellow shirt of Bretts. Luckily, I couldn't see the people giving me funny looks. I guess not everyone walks around with hat, sunglasses with a patch underneath, and a baby in their arms around the airport and on the plane everyday:) I got into an Opthemologist on Monday and he found that I have a Cornial Ulsur. So, I've been meeting with the Doc and doing a very regimented and intense eye drop routine for the past week. My eye sight is almost completely back and I'll hopefully be able to be normal by next Wednesday. As for the other boys they've all been sick with colds. I think Hyrum got the worst of it, or at least he's reacting the worst. But, through all the tests he's had, we know that he doesn't have strep, an ear infection, or swine flew. Really, life is good it was just one crazy week.

1 comment:

kami said...

ouch! that doesn't sound fun. i am glad it's getting better though!!

sounds like you guys had a really fun trip!