Friday, July 10, 2009

2 Years

I can't believe how much time has past. Hyrum was born 2 years ago on July 5th. The night before Brett and I watched the fireworks. Brett convinced me that I needed to stop 'nesting' for one night and play a dice game with him, because I wasn't going to have my C-Section for another two weeks. I would only play if he would paint my toe nails. It was a deal. . . I even got him to do 4 coats with sparkles! Anyway, that was the night my water broke. Surprise! Our lives were so different then. I'd like to say they were simpler. . .but life was really just missing the best part. Hyrum has changed us for the better. He makes us laugh every day. He's so smart, funny, and spontaneous. . .full of surprises just like the very beginning. He prefers to eat his sugar cookies frosting first, which usually means a big mess on his face. One of his favorite things to do is RUN, usually he says 'running. running. running. . . 'Here he's playing with some of his new toys. I loved how he wanted his dog 'Bowny'(Browny) to ride with him.
Hyrum, we love you SOOOOOOOO much. Thank you for being our handsome little man!

4 comments:

Hina Schneider said...

I love all the pics. Happy 2 years Hyrum. He is growing up soooo fast.

Jamie said...

Stephanie he is such a precious boy! Happy Birthday to him a week late!

Jason & Naomi said...

Hey Steph! I still need to give you that picture of Hyrum and I. Maybe I'll send it to you over email. Anyway, I noticed that I'm still "Naomi Stewart" under "Our People", and I noticed that I was not listed under "Family"...what gives? ;)

Bethany @ The Paper Pony said...

Has it really been 2 whole years! SO much changes and so much stays the same. You're an awesome mommy!