
A lot of my neighbors are serious 'couponers'. It's an automatic in on most all conversations if you mention some ad or coupon you found. I've been making fun of them since we moved in. I thought it was ridiculous to spend hours every week searching and cutting just to save a few bucks. My neighbor told me that she spends $150/month on groceries and food storage for her family of six!!! That's when I started to become really curious. I asked her how long it took her to shop and prepare for shopping. She told me that the first couple of months took a few hours to get ready every week, but after that it's really just 20 minutes of preperation and 2 stores a week. Anyway, I decided to have her teach me the ways of the syth (aka couponers). This is my first week trying it out. I spent $100 on a dozen boxes of cereal, 110 diapers, baby food, snacks, chicken, bread. My total savings added up to $50!!! I came home so excited about how much I saved. I then told my neighbor and she explained that I would have saved $30 more if I had the Sunday paper (which I'll start getting this week). So, I'm telling you all this because if you want to learn the skill I'd be happy to show you how. It all comes down to
grocerysmarts(dot)com. To find out how to get the best deals you need a password (which is free, but you have to find the right one for your state). If you google grocerysmarts and your state you should be able to get it through one of the sites. But, even with out a password you can still print off all the coupons for free. If you need any help feel free to email or call me.
In other news:
Noah's first 'real' food!
Yummy green beans



Ok, I realize my nose is all squished and funny in this picture, but I love Noah's face. He's such a cutie!
6 comments:
ohhh... I'm totally interested. I'll take a look at the website, but I think I'm going to call you too and have you walk me through the experience. You're awesome!
The Utah passport is: g84rcm
Wow! Noah is getting so big and so dang cute. Real food that's awesome but here come the stinky poopy diapers.
yes he is a cutie!!
and way to go on the savings! I had a neighbor who swore by 'the grocery game'--same thing. i just didn't think I was organized enough to do it. Perhaps when we move back to the states. you'e made me a believer. keep posting your good fortunes!!
awesome deals! i need to give that a try...
how cute is noah!?! i can't believe how quickly he's growing up!
Hey Stephanie! It's Starr. I found your blog through Michelles. Your boys are the cutest!!! Congrats on such a beautiful family.
And please, teach me how to be a couponer like you. I've always wanted to learn how!!!!
Post a Comment