I've had a few questions about my eye situation and so I thought I'd post this to give an update and a good excuse. So, about a month and a half ago I had some major problems with my eyes. Refer to THIS. A couple of weeks had gone by after all of the Doctors visits and eye drops and I still fealt like I wasn't seeing as well as I should. I called and they said that it sometimes takes a little while for eyes to adjust to a new prescription. My eyes were MUCH better than they were during the whole incident, but I was still getting a bit annoyed, since before then (with my contacts or glasses on) I had GREAT vision. Anyway, this last weekend I was telling Brett how frustrated I was with my eyes. I was standing in the kitchen and he was sitting on the couch in the living room. I explained to him that I could see that he was sitting there, and I knew his head was faced in my direction, but I couldn't see his eyes, or the expression on his face. That was the first time Brett realized how serious I was. We decided to call the Doctor on Monday, and I was able to get right in. After an hour and a half of checking and re-checking my eyes they told me that I MAY have permanent scarring on my right eye from the ulser and that they are unable to improve my vision with a new prescription. There's a chance that the scarring will decrease, but really we won't know other than waiting it out for a year. If in that time my vision doesn't improve than it's probably not going to. I have no problem seeing well enough to drive and do everything else. It's really just the fine tune stuff that I struggle with. I notice it the most if I'm at the store trying to read the isle signs or in a crowded area I have a hard time picking people out. I sometimes squint when I watch TV and I have to lean in to see if there are any comments on our posts. I'm glad I'm not in school anymore, because I'd struggle seeing the board. It's really not that bad. My eyes could be MUCH worse, and if I squint I can usually see pretty well. So there's the update on my pirate eye and excuse me if I don't see you immediately at a store or if it looks like I'm glaring at you.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
An AyeAye for an Eye
I've had a few questions about my eye situation and so I thought I'd post this to give an update and a good excuse. So, about a month and a half ago I had some major problems with my eyes. Refer to THIS. A couple of weeks had gone by after all of the Doctors visits and eye drops and I still fealt like I wasn't seeing as well as I should. I called and they said that it sometimes takes a little while for eyes to adjust to a new prescription. My eyes were MUCH better than they were during the whole incident, but I was still getting a bit annoyed, since before then (with my contacts or glasses on) I had GREAT vision. Anyway, this last weekend I was telling Brett how frustrated I was with my eyes. I was standing in the kitchen and he was sitting on the couch in the living room. I explained to him that I could see that he was sitting there, and I knew his head was faced in my direction, but I couldn't see his eyes, or the expression on his face. That was the first time Brett realized how serious I was. We decided to call the Doctor on Monday, and I was able to get right in. After an hour and a half of checking and re-checking my eyes they told me that I MAY have permanent scarring on my right eye from the ulser and that they are unable to improve my vision with a new prescription. There's a chance that the scarring will decrease, but really we won't know other than waiting it out for a year. If in that time my vision doesn't improve than it's probably not going to. I have no problem seeing well enough to drive and do everything else. It's really just the fine tune stuff that I struggle with. I notice it the most if I'm at the store trying to read the isle signs or in a crowded area I have a hard time picking people out. I sometimes squint when I watch TV and I have to lean in to see if there are any comments on our posts. I'm glad I'm not in school anymore, because I'd struggle seeing the board. It's really not that bad. My eyes could be MUCH worse, and if I squint I can usually see pretty well. So there's the update on my pirate eye and excuse me if I don't see you immediately at a store or if it looks like I'm glaring at you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
THAT STINKS! I HOPE IT ISN"T PERMANENT AND THAT IT DOES ACTUALLY GET BETTER. EYES ARE SERIOUS . . .TAKE CARE OF THEM THE BEST YOU CAN.
(I thought you might be able to see caps better)
You could make your comments line in red or some other stand out color; that may help. I've struggled with reading after the concussion last Sept. Good thing I don't have to worry about driving!
ugh i hope it gets better! do you think lasik would help? i started getting really bad infections in my eyes from contacts awhile back and we decided to get lasik for me (luckily we were in the financial position to do so at the time) and it has changed my life. maybe someday you can get that if it would help solve the problem!
Post a Comment