Today we set up 'camp' at Fort Flagler. . .Well, we weren't actually camping but pretty close (for me anyway:) We stayed in old retired barracks. Each room had three walls of cinder-block and a curtain rod for the fourth privacy wall. So we brought a big sheet with us and safety pins. Each floor had one bathroom with open showers. It's a beautiful area overlooking the Puget Sound, and from a distance you can see Canada. I have a lot of memories here of reunions past when I was just little. We all had our 'reunion' friends that we only saw every two years and we were the best of friends. Rushton Reunions are big. When I was little there were about 300-400 people that came. For the past few reunions though they've struggled to get people to come. I hadn't been to one since I lived at home, so I can only imagine that everyone's excuse is the same. . . we get older and have families of our own, move away, and it's harder to travel. I hope they keep the tradition alive even if it's just a small group like this year's 160 that came, those of us were blessed to be united together. Today some of the little kids got to take turns breaking a pinata. Noah really got the hang of it. I explained to Hyrum what to do when the candy came out. . . "RUN! TAKE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN!" Today was probably the first time he really found good use for his pockets. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment