Hyrum has such an imagination! He loves to pretend all sorts of things. The other day he was on his bike and said he needed to race with his goggles on to make him go faster. He was really cruising at about one mile an hour:)
I had the most terrifying experience today at church. I was sitting in the foyer just before Sunday School started while Noah was playing by the doors. Someone left and Noah followed them. I went after him to grab him, but when he saw me follow he giggled and started to run. I started to run. He kept running into the parking lot in between two cars right toward the traffic of cars from the other ward leaving. I yelled and waved my arms, "STOP! NOAH, STOP!" I screamed as an SUV was driving out and wasn't stopping as Noah was running right in front of it. Not three feet from being hit, Noah tripped and face planted into the asphalt. Having a fat lip and a dirty face was the greatest gift from Heavenly Father today. He heard my quick prayer and saved him. It all happened in a matter of a few seconds, but my heart pounded for an hour. I know that this happens frequently, but now that it happened to my little baby I will forever be terrified. We love our little Noah and his cute words and loves. Here he is after he woke up from his nap today. I put some pomade in his hair for church, and the nap turned it into a funny mo-hawk. He is the sweetest little man!
My boys sure love their chocolate!
Today Brett turned 28! Woa, I can't believe I married a man so much older than me!:)
Sunday, September 5, 2010
A great and terrible week
Being up in the mountains we have a lot of bugs (thank goodness for pest control! We rarely see any in our house, phew!) Some of the bugs are big and scary, but some are really fun to play with. Just before we mow our lawn, when the grass is a bit long, we can walk through the lawn and find grasshoppers and things that jump up on us. Hyrum was actually tracking a couple of praying mantis' that were climbing our fense, when I noticed that one was walking up his back. He was so excited and just stood still as his little friend crawled on him. He of course had to run in and show Dad. "Dad! Look! Praying mantis on my head. . . crawling all over me!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad that Noah is okay! He looks so grown-up with his hair like that and the polo shirt on!
Happy Birthday, Brett!
Post a Comment