Thursday, February 10, 2011

Brothers Don't Shake Hands. . .

brother's gotta hug!  Wow, I miss Chris Farley.  I know that I spend a good portion of the day telling the boys to stop touching, hitting, kicking, poking. . . (basically insert anything that sounds painful or annoying here), eachother.  Yet, right now I want to post the things that I hope to remember more than anything else looking back at this time in my life.  My boys really do love each other.  They both have very different personalities, yet they manage to have a lot of fun together.  Not that this age defines who they will be, but for now Hyrum is the dramatic storyteller. (When we have company, he seriously will not stop talking to them for a minute.  He thinks they are his guests and he will tell them anything and EVERYTHING!)  Noah seems to be playing the part of athlete and independent.(While Hyrum thrives off of attention, Noah usually just does his own thing and loves to play by himself.  He also really has great coordination and sport.)  It's amazing how different two little people can be raised under the same roof.  I love watching them grow and continually develop knew skills and knowledge.  The thing that makes me most happy is when they play well together.  Sometimes they (soft) wrestle each other and it's so cute to watch them laugh as they roll around.  Sometimes Hyrum calls for Noah;, "Come here you little Goose!" or Noah will yell, "Where Hymum go?".  Usually when Hyrum talks about doing something or sharing something he always says: " . . .with my friend, Noah".  I think I want to capture those words and these moments forever, because I know that there will be times when I need it.  So this post is for me in 10 year:).  
This afternoon I was trying to fold some laundry and Hyrum yelled to me, "Mom! Come sit on us with your bum, please!"  Of course, I was a little curious what they were doing.  I had thrown our comforter in the spare room because I need to take it to get cleaned.  The boys had formed a nest in the corner of the room with it and they told me that they were eggs about to cratch (a mixture of crack and hatch).  They wanted me to be the Mamma bird and sit on them. . .of course I obliged:)    

2 comments:

Hina Schneider said...

That's so cute. It's funny how one minute kids can be hitting and fighting and the next minute they are showing each other love and are playing so well. Your boys are adorable and so precious.

christina said...

That's so funny.

My girls pretend to be birds after they get out of the shower. They wrap themselves up in a towel and then crouch down on the floor. The only way to get them to stand up without tears is to say, "OK birds. Hatch!"


-c