I realize Valentines was yesterday, which means posting this is a little late for anyone who may have wanted to use it, but it's still a great recipe! This is a family classic. I remember having these frequently when I was young. They are soft, sweet, and addicting. We decided to make this a Family Night activity. They are so fun to make and the boys love it, but anytime they help with these cookies it means they eat WAY too much frosting and the kitchen takes a while to clean up. The sacrifices we make to involve our children. . . maybe I'll finish cleaning up the kitchen today. For Valentines Brett also gave me an edible arrangement which was amazing. I let the boys munch on those with their cookies. I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day. Happy Cooking!
Sugar Cookies
Cream these together until very smooth:
2 cups sugar
2 cubes butter (softened)
3 eggs
6 Tbsp. milk
Combine and then add to the above ingredients:
5 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. baking powder
Place parchment paper on baking sheets, and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll out dough no thinner than 1/4 inch thick and cut out into desired shapes. Cook 7-10 minutes. (Don't let them get brown around edges) You want to take them out when they're still white, let them sit on the tray for a couple minutes and then cool off on tray. Frost soon after cooled, because if you leave them unfrosted they dry out quickly.
Cream Cheese Frosting (so much better then using anything out of a can)
1/4 cup butter softened
pinch salt
1 tsp. vanilla
4 oz. cream cheese
1 lb. powdered sugar
2-3 Tbsp. milk
Blend with hand mixer until creamy and the consistency you want. Feel free to add food coloring:)
(Here is a small portion of the craziness we had last night)
(And then of course after cookies we had to remove the evidence with a bath.)
No comments:
Post a Comment