This is the first chance I've had to get to my computer today. It's been a great week and oddly enough I really didn't do very much cooking at all. It was a GET RID of LEFTOVERS kind of week with random combinations of meals and ending with a fridge finally ready to be refilled with goodness. We had a fun girls day on Saturday with all the Partridge girls (born into or married into). There were some haircuts, some shopping, and some eating. . . . all happy things:). I've never been much of a morning person, but I wanted to have a special breakfast for the kick-off of the girls day on Saturday since it began at our house. The first thing that popped into my mind was my sister, Angela's recipe for make-the-night-before-bake-just-before-serving so it seems freshly made French Toast. It's yummy. It's easy. You'll love it! Another exciting thing was to be a guest spotlight blogger on my friend Kami's healthy living blog.
CLICK HERE to see what I had to say. Happy cooking:)
Upside-Down Apple French Toast
(make the night before)
1 stick butter
1 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp. water
4 granny smith apples
cinnamon, to taste
1/2 c. raisins and/or chopped pecans (optional)
1 loaf French bread sliced about 1 inch thick
1 1/2 c. milk
7 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
nutmeg, to taste
cool whip - or cream topping
Heat butter, brown sugar and water in saucepan on medium until bubbling. Place in 9x13 pan and cool for 20-30 minutes. Peel, core, and slice apples. Place in rows overlapping on top of sauce in pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and raisins/nuts. Top with bread. Mix milk, eggs and vanilla. Pour over bread. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Cover and refrigerate overnight or several hours. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour when it is golden brown and crispy. Serve upside-down using sauce as syrup and cool whip cream on top.
No comments:
Post a Comment