Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tried and True-sday -Health

Last week I managed to only get one post in.  I'll try and do better this week!  My Sister-in-law Cassi shared this recipe with me a while back.  I finally tried it this last week and was amazed at how easy and quick it was to make.  Seriously, why haven't I made this sooner and more frequently!  She got the recipe from the American Heart Association.  You're going to LOVE it!  
(In my attempts to photograph the chili I realized that white beans are really not photogenic, so I Googled white beans and found this picture from the Taste of Home and what I made actually looks the same.)  


White Chili

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1.5 lbs chicken breasts (cooked and small cubed)
1  chopped onion (medium)
2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth
2 (4 oz) cans chopped green chlils
3 (15 oz) cans white beans (great Northern)
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp oregano leaves, crushed

1. Sauté onions, cilantro, and garlic in olive oil until onions are transparent.

2. Add remaining ingredients.

3. Simmer for 10-20 minutes.

4. Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, and cheese.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

This looks really good. I can't wait to try it!

Cassi said...

Mmmmmm....the recipe actually came from a lady in Amy's ward. Then handed down to me. Still amazingly yummy!