Sunday, January 15, 2012

A New Year

I realize that it is several weeks into 2012 now, but there was one tradition that had to be done before I could post anything else.  We’ve decided to have the boys create their own art for their room each year.  It’s a fun activity for a couple of hours and they put a lot of thought into how they want to mix the colors.  I think their art is beautiful.  Hyrum and Noah are both very creative and imaginative in their own unique ways.  In case you can’t tell what is on the pictures, Noah decided to draw a skateboard on his and have lot’s of colors.  Hyrum drew a fishing rod, a house, and me riding a skateboard. . .I’m not really sure what this all means for 2012, but it sure sounds fun!
ny1ny2
Oh, and in case you didn’t notice, Noah is wearing underwear! It’s been a long week, but we will no longer be buying any size 6 diapers until Owen gets bigger!  Woohoo! First new year’s resolution – Done!
2011 was a great year for us, but I am pretty certain that 2012 will bring us to a whole new level of awesomeness.  Although we are still not fully decided, Hyrum might start kindergarten this year.  Noah will begin Joyschool.  Owen will turn 1.  Brett and I will turn THIRTY! WOA!  This year will be epic, as cool people would say.  One to go down in the books. . . or at least, get posted on this blog.  I am very excited for all that we have going on.  I have a few goals this year: Work out regularly and loose the baby weight, make a new updated cookbook of all my favorites, have more charity, and have an amazing birthday party for Brett and I.  I’m excited for everything this year brings.
 ny3
We struggle with reading scriptures as a family.  We’ve tried over and over again to read the Book of Mormon together, but for one reason or another we end up falling behind.  Usually it’s related to our three little men that just don’t sit still.  This year we’ve decided to approach scripture study a little differently.  Each night before they go to bed we memorize one verse of scripture together.  So far we have been memorizing Alma 32:21.  Hyrum can now lead us in the scripture! Noah has the first half of the verse memorized and can lead us that far, and then needs help.  We are so impressed how much their minds absorb.  The boys love it and initiate it each night.  Even if they don’t remember each verse a week after we’ve begun a new one, it will still be worth it.  Hyrum gets to highlight the memorized verses in his scriptures.  He says he is ‘making his scriptures glow’.  They are such sweet little boys, and they are getting bigger and older each day.  I hope I can always keep every wonderful stage of their lives in my mind.  I never want to forget.  I am so glad for this blog to journal all of these memories.

No comments: