Wednesday, April 9, 2014

General Conference

For months, the boys have been asking when it will be time for General Conference.  I'd like to think it's because of the spirit they feel and all that they learn from God's mouthpieces, but I'm pretty sure it's more about the extra treats I buy and activities I have for them to do. :)  This Conference was extra fun for everyone because Grandma and Grandpa Rushton came up to attend the Saturday Morning session of Conference.  They came with a nice woman from the reservation that Grandpa is the Branch President of.  When they were explaining to the boys who she was my Mom told them that she was a full-blooded Navajo Native American.  When the boys didn't seem to impressed she asked if they knew what that meant.  Hyrum's response, "Yeah, it means she's an Indian who hasn't lost any of her blood."  We all thought that was pretty funny.  We had to explain that full-blooded does not mean that blood hasn't been lost.  It was a fun weekend!  Here are some pictures:



1 comment:

Jill Rushton said...

Thank you for such great photos on your blog. We really had a great time. I'm so glad that we got a little visiting time in with you and the boys. Also, we appreciate Brett taking us on a tour of his work place. Very impressive.
Thank you for being such a nice daughter.