Hyrum was selected to be one of four from his class to have a speaking part in the 1st graders spring program. He has been SO excited about it and very anxious. He had his lines memorized pretty quickly and talked about the program pretty much every day for a week before the big night. We were so glad to see him so excited and happy about this school program. They had a 'practice' program for the student body during school on Thursday and one for parents and family that evening. I got a babysitter for the little boys so Brett and I could attend and give him our full attention. It was a release night at Adobe, so Brett got permission to leave to go to the program before he had to go back for a long night. Hyrum was so excited to see us both. He was worried about the pants he wore and how I fixed his hair. It was very cute to see him so excited. He did an amazing job. He spoke clearly and slow into the microphone when it was his turn. After the program, I gave him a piggy back ride to the van, which he thought was fun, and then we dropped by McDonalds for him to get an ice cream cone. It was a great night:).

No comments:
Post a Comment