I love catching the boys in sweet moments of tenderness and love. I had laid Brett down on the carpet after finishing eating. Emmett was playing on the other side of the room with the Noah's Ark toy. After a few minutes I noticed Emmett had gone over to Brett to play with him. It was so sweet as Emmett placed toys on him and got a little annoyed that Brett wasn't playing back. These boys will be good buddies in another year or so.
The day before school started I was able to take them to meet their teachers. I was so grateful that Grandma Rushton stayed home with the other boys so I could give my full attention to these excited elementary schoolers. Hyrum was so proud to show Noah where the cafeteria was and some other essential places that only full-time schoolers know. After meeting their teachers I took them out to the playground. The three of us competed for who could go the highest on the swings. I won, but they were close. . . and not nearly as dizzy as I was after.
Chemo started back up on the second day of school. I kind of hoped I could just be done after the baby was born, so it wasn't the easiest thing to go back to, but we know this is what we need to do. Baby stayed with us for the first few hours of infusion, but I started dozing off and getting weird, so Brett took him to a friend for the rest of our cancer center time.
Owen started preschool. He wasn't very happy about going, but once he got there he had SO much fun! He loves Ms. Liza and can't wait for each time he gets to go back. He has some good buddies that are in his class with him, so he even gets more friend time with carpooling.
No comments:
Post a Comment