This last Sunday I was released from being the Relief Society President in our ward. I've had some mixed feelings and emotions about it for the past couple of weeks. Part of me is really sad to be done, because it's been such a major part of my life for the past two years. I'm comfortable with the calling and feel like I finally had things under control (which is usually a sign that it's time to be released). Because I received the calling just a few months after we got married it's become part of my married life identity. So, basically things will just be different. The great part about being released I'm already feeling. I can breath! I am no longer constantly worrying and stressed about all the women and welfare in the ward. It's the end of the month and I'm not even thinking about VT reports or how we're going to get meals to the two moms due this week. Anyway, with that change things will be a little less crazy and stressful in our home. I'm excited to reclaim my Sundays and enjoy the Sabath.
Anyway, in other news we're leaving for Hawaii on Saturday! YAYYYY! I'm glad I can really enjoy this vacation and not have to bring all my RS stuff with me. I'll be sure to post some pictures at some point while we're there.
Hyrum started doing this weird yelling thing yesterday, and he hasn't stopped doing it. It's so funny! It's like the famous 'Home Alone' yell. We recorded it a little bit last night. I'll put the video on later today.
3 comments:
Hi Stephanie, I don't mind if you don't mind me adding yours. Have a great, rejuvenating couple of weeks. We'll be fine.
Exciting Hawaii I wish I could come with you. It should be a blast and you'll definently get a lot of sun. That is a cute video of Hyrum. He is growing up so fast.
haha he is soo cute!! have fun in Hawaii!!
Post a Comment