We came home from an Arizona trip on Monday, and I've been wanting to post something ever since then. Wednesday night is my typical blogging night, so I put it off until then. . . but plans changed. Hyrum got really sick. Wednesday night he decided that, like a timer, he would wake up screaming ever 45 MINUTES!!!! The first few times, we just rocked him and put him back to sleep. Once the 1:30am scream came I ended up moving on the coach with him cuddled up to me. Brett came in and swapped with me around 4:15 and I tried to get some sleep. (Tried being the key word). Needless to say, it was a very tiring and exhausting night for all of us. Thursday morning we took him in and, sadly there are no antibiotics for him. We have to wait it out and keep him quarantined for a few more days still. He gets a little better every day, but he's still not back to his busy happy self yet. Even though I hate the fact that he doesn't feel well and is obviously in pain, I've really enjoyed the extra cuddling he's needed. He's usually such a wiggle-worm that I don't get the chance to just sit and hold him in my arms anymore. It's been kind of a sweet experience for me.
Anyway, I really wanted to post some exciting news: We found a house!!! We've now gone down to Arizona a couple of times and seen dozens of houses, and we finally found a builder and model that we both like, good location, and within the budget. If you want to see pictures click on the "OUR FUTURE HOME IN AZ" link on the side and then click on 'virtual tour' and 'pictures'. And, since we are new at the home buying thing we are very open to other people's advice, warnings, etc. We won't be signing anything until November-ish, but I'm still just so excited to see the light at the end of the school tunnel. Brett will be done in April and then we'll be moving in to a newly finished home (hopefully).
While we were in Arizona we got to have a pool party with some of our friends down there. It was so fun to see everyone with their little families. It's so nice to have so many friends going through the same stage as us. Here are some fun pictures (I stole one from off your blog Kristen. . . you're just so good at getting the good shots!
)
I absolutely love this picture with all the dads and the boys. . . plus two cute girls :)
I don't know why this in underlined. . . weird I can't turn it off. . . oh well.

It was so much fun talking with everyone and cooling off in the pool.

Scott and the twins. . . they've gotten so much bigger since the last time I saw them.
9 comments:
We had so much fun at that barbecue. It was great seeing you guys and finally meeting Hyrum. I forgot to mention that I loved your hair cut. Who ever came up with the barbecue was a genius. I always like get together. I love to social with people and finding out how they are and how are things going for them. Im a bonder.
Gorgeous house! I'm so jealous as I sit here in our 2/1. We really need another toilet. :)
Steph,
I'm stalking your blog! I saw your comment on Holly's blog and found your site. I read your entries and found myself chuckling often. You are really funny. Our blog is jenrushton.blogspot.com. It was great to read what is going on with your family. Hyrum is adorable.
Jen Rushton
that is such an awesome house! that will be SO nice.
Ohh, poor hyrum...hope he's feeling better soon.
oh and cute house! how exciting!?!
First of all, I am completely jealous of that house! But, you should be warned that the model homes have all the upgrades, so when it says low $200s, it doesn't include granite counters, custom paint, etc.
You will love it. It is frustrating, but so much fun!
Brett, you were right. It's Chelsey Clayton. :) Small world, eh?
Yea for the house! How are you going to wait? Looked like a fun and productive trip.
yay for graduating and getting a new house!! I'm so happy for you! I'm in az right now visiting family...too bad I missed you. Anyway, congrats!
Post a Comment